Shipping with a roach

ledzeppelin

Arachnobaron
Hello gang, I've been gone for a few months due to constant things I have to deal in life atm.

So the situation is: I am shipping MM P. regalis and it has to be today. I've fed it yesterday so I could ship it without any problems (i've never sent a T in my life so I have a bit of panic in me) I've noticed that the spider hasn't eaten it's meal yesterday and started today -_- So the deal is - I have about an hour to drop the package and my regalis refuses to drop the roach.. Will there be any harm if the T is shipped with a roach in it's fangs? The shipment will arrive tomorrow afternoon or friday morning CET.

Good to be back! Hello to everyone!

LZ

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
It is most likely that when you go to put him in a catch cup to ship, he'll drop the roach because he's startled and his survival instincts will kick in. I.E. escape > food.

But either way, I personally wouldn't send a T with a dead feeder. Just seems like a bad idea to me, but I don't ship Ts. Received over 40 in the mail however and never saw one with a feeder included.

Anoplogaster

Arachnodemon
I actually don't see the harm in it. If he refuses to drop it, just ship him with it. Maybe he'll finish it up during shipment, and the receiver will see a bolus when he/she opens it up. Ts have even been known to molt during shipment. If they can pull that off, I'm sure a food item won't do any harm.

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
I actually don't see the harm in it. If he refuses to drop it, just ship him with it. Maybe he'll finish it up during shipment, and the receiver will see a bolus when he/she opens it up. Ts have even been known to molt during shipment. If they can pull that off, I'm sure a food item won't do any harm.
That's true, I didn't think about that. I had a .5" spiderling molt in transit and I was so distraught I thought it had popped from heat or something-- no, the spiderling was just down a little further, behind the exuvium.

ledzeppelin

Arachnobaron
I sent the "little" bugger anyway. Ill update when I recieve news from the recipient :) This is a massive male with a legspan just short of 19cm :D I need his offsprings in my life :D

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Ts have even been known to molt during shipment.
That's true, I didn't think about that. I had a .5" spiderling molt in transit and I was so distraught I thought it had popped from heat or something-- no, the spiderling was just down a little further, behind the exuvium.
My GBB moulted in the post and was fine, I did get a bit of a shock when I saw the exuvia first and thought I'd been sent a dead sling, she was hiding a little further back.

user 666

Arachnobaron
I sent the "little" bugger anyway. Ill update when I recieve news from the recipient :) This is a massive male with a legspan just short of 19cm :D I need his offsprings in my life :D
Where does the 7" T eat dinner?

Wherever the hell it wants.

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
My GBB moulted in the post and was fine, I did get a bit of a shock when I saw the exuvia first and thought I'd been sent a dead sling, she was hiding a little further back.
Mm, yup. I pulled the little wet paper towel plug and there was a leg stuck to it. Cue stomach dropping.