shipping questions?

kev48584

Arachnopeon
i not sure if they have a section for this question but has anyone ever got the 2-3 day shipping for tarantulas or any arachnids? if so did they survive or would you prefer next day shipping? 2-3 shipping is like 10 dollars and next day is 30-40 dollars. any help or experience would be muchly appreciated

notsobear

Arachnopeon
would you like to be in a room for 3 days?

i mean you could do the 3 day shipping, i really dont think its 3 it might be cut down to 2
but would you really wanna stress out your T that much? might as well wait and save til lyou can get him there safely:cool:

Tweak

Arachnosquire
I agree with the point above, but also, personally, I get so excited about new additions the idea of having them out in the mail any longer than I can possibly have them at my door is unbearable to an impatient T addict such as myself :p

jake9134

Arachnosquire
If shipped right, 3-4 days is fine. I have personally had most of my Ts and scorps shipped this way and they arrived very healthy. Only had a few deaths and that was when they were shipped next day express (there was a blizzard that delayed them several days and they were shipped without much insulation or a heat pack), and even then one survive after a few months of extra TLC.

Though on the other hand, if the Ts being bought were pricey then I would recommend the extra caution.

AReaHerps

Arachnopeon
I agree with the point above, but also, personally, I get so excited about new additions the idea of having them out in the mail any longer than I can possibly have them at my door is unbearable to an impatient T addict such as myself :p
I'm not sure I could have answered any better. Although when ordering from a vendor in your own state normally means getting orders by next day anyway! Just a thought.

Sent from my Android Tapatalk App!

Quazgar

Arachnoknight
agree 100% with jake9134. If packed properly, standard 3 day shipping isn't an issue. If packed improperly, even express may not get them to you alive. If you're getting high dollar tarantulas, though, I'd recommend going whatever method will get you a LAG, just to be safe (and for large purchases, the extra $20 isn't a big deal).

jayefbe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This has been covered thoroughly on these forums. In short, yes, priority is fine as long as temps are fine and packaging techniques are adequate. Of the hundreds of tarantulas I've received, I've had a single DOA and that was through express shipping. I usually make fairly large purchases and use express shipping options as a form of insurance so I don't lose all my money if something disastrous occurs. Otherwise, anything less than 50-100 bucks I'm using priority. I am not spending 30-50% on shipping alone.