Shipping nightmare

tkn0spdr

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
How long do you suppose that a Desert Hairy can last in a shipping box?
I ask because I had one shipped to me priority mail on Thursday to arrive today (Saturday), but because of the hurricane there was no mail service. It probably won't show up until Mon. or Tues. at this point.

:(

fusion121

Arachnoking
Old Timer
As long as the temperature is above 10C the scorpion should stand a fair chance of lasting several days, they seem to be pretty resilient to short periods of low temperatures and will enter a dormant state while exposed to them, but are fne once temerpatures are returned to normal.

tkn0spdr

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well since it's still in the 80s F here low temps won't be a problem. I just hope it isn't in a building that gets flooded out.

PIter

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I had 7 scorpions sendt in the mail for four days and all survived, it was around 10-15 degrees C so you stand a good chance.

Nikos

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Iwas waiting for 6 weeks for some juveniles hottentotta and leiurus and they all came in sound condition! Only one female a.bicolor didin't make it during this trip.

genious_gr

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
And don't forget the roaches that were all FINE:)

Also, I've had a package of Phasmids that took 2 weeks to reach me and I found a few of them in good shape :)

tkn0spdr

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Went over to work today (even though we're closed due to no power from the hurricane) and attacked the mailman when I saw him coming down the street. The scorpion looks fine to me. Think I'll name it Jeanne.
The thing looks super fat, it's either well fed or gravid.

Click for pics

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Looks like the scorp weathered the storm better than much of Florida.
Nice looking scorp btw ;)