She molted.... now there's mold

Websofetown

Arachnopeon
So here's the thing I purchased a Hapalopus sp. Columbia last Saturday, actually on a day I was told she needed to be fed, but she wouldn't eat and after further inspection I could tell she was in pre-molt so I left her be (I say she but still have no clue what it is sorry). So Thursday she finally molted, and yesterday I saw mold. I spritzed her once, her enclosdure was bone dry when I got her, I gave her enough water to just dampin the soil..... So the problem is she just molted but there is mold, I haven't had this happen before so I just need to know if it is okay to mover her to clean her or what... I don't want to hurt her but the mold is nothing good.

cold blood

Staff member
Mold is pretty inconsequential...just pick it out and move on....its not a big deal.

Thekla

Arachnoprince
How big is your T? How bad is the mould? Pictures always help.

What I mean is, when your T is still a sling, it won't take too much time to harden up and you could move her soon. But there's also the possibility that your mould problem isn't as bad as you might think and you could just remove the mould you see.

Websofetown

Arachnopeon
How big is your T? How bad is the mould? Pictures always help.

What I mean is, when your T is still a sling, it won't take too much time to harden up and you could move her soon. But there's also the possibility that your mould problem isn't as bad as you might think and you could just remove the mould you see.
I don't have any pics but she's still a sling, maybe a half inch or so. The mold is really thick near her little tunnel she has, and up the leaves that are in there.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
With all the weeks of rain in eastern US, I am almost surprised not to see mould and mushrooms in my enclosures. Even with a/c running 24/7, my indoor humidity remains ridiculous!

[not complaining -- I prefer rain to drought, but c'mon -- it's rained like crazy!]

Websofetown

Arachnopeon
With all the weeks of rain in eastern US, I am almost surprised not to see mould and mushrooms in my enclosures. Even with a/c running 24/7, my indoor humidity remains ridiculous!

[not complaining -- I prefer rain to drought, but c'mon -- it's rained like crazy!]
Yea the rains been ridiculous but it is better than a drought

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
With mold, not a huge deal, just spot pick it out.

ToshRunner

Arachnopeon
Unless you think you can move your tarantula over into a new habitat with barely any effort, it sounds like it is better to spot clean instead. Sadly your tarantula is probably going to have to be okay with unexpected renovations.