she did it

whitehaze2008

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
my versicolor FINALLY moulted after being in preomlt for four weeks{D ....

whew i feel better haha.
Now should i remove the skin from her tube web or allow her to do it....the tube is closed up...and it wont fit?:eek:

should i leave it or not?:?

thanks
DAVID

thedude

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

whew i feel better haha.
Now should i remove the skin from her tube web or allow her to do it....the tube is closed up...and it wont fit?:eek:

thanks
DAVID
leave it alone lol it will clean house when it wants

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer

whew i feel better haha.

thanks
DAVID
Congrats! The wait is over! :)

If you know the gender, you might as well just leave it in there. Just wait till she kicks it out herself.

Kwadapok

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Haha.. congrats. the wait is always the worst part for me. anticipation kills me

fishwithoutabik

Arachnobaron
congrats! its funny how exciting that is. and amazing how they can be even more beautiful after a molt.

The_Thunderer

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
congrats! its funny how exciting that is. and amazing how they can be even more beautiful after a molt.
I agree!

I would leave the molt alone. I disturbed one of my slings trying to get the skin out... and it "seemed" to take longer to recover from the molt because of it. I'll never do that again.

mistercurls

Arachnopeon
Congrats! I love to watch avics grow up. With every molt its something different. They have amazing colors as slings and then eventually get those beautiful adult colors.

problemchildx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congrats!

My versicolor has been in premolt for like... 2 weeks I think.. It is only half an inch or so and I am getting worried because it hasn't moved from inbetween the stick and the lid of its enclosure. Seems like a tight place.. Its legs aren't curled up(for the most part, a couple legs are askew) and the color has darkened. I keep misting though rooting him/her on.. But there's always that voice in the back of my head saying, "I hope it's not dead :( "

If successful it will be the first molt in my care, however :)