Share Your Avicularia Enclosures

Tenevanica

Arachnodemon
I've looked through all kinds of threads looking for the ideal Avicularia enclosures. There are plenty of ideas regarding arboreal enclosures in general, but avics need specific conditions to thrive. They have to have cross ventilation, anchor points higher up, and an enclosure that opens from the side.

With all these conditions that have to be met, I'd like to see how you guys keep your avics. Feel free to share pictures, or just describe your setup.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
My sling and juvi Avics alll go into inverted AMAC boxes, they open from the bottom :D

Tenevanica

Arachnodemon
My sling and juvi Avics alll go into inverted AMAC boxes, they open from the bottom :D
Yeah, that's what I have my juvenile A. versicolor in. I need to figure out how to house her as an adult though, because she's growing like a weed! :eek:

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
exo teras been working with my avic for the past 8 months, you can make a small hole in the styrofoam back round and attach plastic plants to provide as many anchor points as you want.

Tenevanica

Arachnodemon
exo teras been working with my avic for the past 8 months, you can make a small hole in the styrofoam back round and attach plastic plants to provide as many anchor points as you want.
I've heard good things about exo terra, and bad things about exo terra. I'm sure they work fine, though there are people that would roast me if they found out I had used one for a T lol.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I've heard good things about exo terra, and bad things about exo terra. I'm sure they work fine, though there are people that would roast me if they found out I had used one for a T lol.
What bad things have you read about them?

What's wrong w/a T going in an ExoTerra? it's a container, just like a sweater box etc.

Tenevanica

Arachnodemon
What bad things have you read about them?

What's wrong w/a T going in an ExoTerra? it's a container, just like a sweater box etc.
People complain about:
1. The screen top. (Which can be replaced.)
2. They offer very little cross ventilation. Because of that, I've heard they're not suitable for avics. I'm sure they work fine though.

Andy00

Arachnoknight
I don't even remember how many times a cricket went behind the styrofoam background of an exoterra and was never to be found again. Honestly the cheapest is just a tall clear sweater box, though they open from the top so that kinda sucks but oh well I might use that in the future.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
People complain about:
1. The screen top. (Which can be replaced.)
2. They offer very little cross ventilation. Because of that, I've heard they're not suitable for avics. I'm sure they work fine though.
Ah I see thanks, well number 1 is a non-issue as you indicated.

As for number 2, ExoTerra's are based off of the design that Europeans have been using for eons, for keeping and breeding.

Ddannison

Arachnopeon
Hello, I've been keeping for about 2-3months or so. I recently moved my A.avic to a new enclosure after doing some research and realizing the old one was unfit for her/him. This was about a month ago and s/he still has not done much/ any webbing. S/he is eating when fed and I've seen him/her go for water. But s/he mostly just hangs out on the side or top. I've read avics sometimes take a while to web...but I've also read they will Web more readily in a better suited container. S/he webbed the last container pretty readily but that was because she was in premolt...is the pictured container appropriate as far as size and foliage? (32 oz container)

Thanks in advance

Attachments

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Hello, I've been keeping for about 2-3months or so. I recently moved my A.avic to a new enclosure after doing some research and realizing the old one was unfit for her/him. This was about a month ago and s/he still has not done much/ any webbing. S/he is eating when fed and I've seen him/her go for water. But s/he mostly just hangs out on the side or top. I've read avics sometimes take a while to web...but I've also read they will Web more readily in a better suited container. S/he webbed the last container pretty readily but that was because she was in premolt...is the pictured container appropriate as far as size and foliage? (32 oz container)

Thanks in advance
looks good, make sure theres a water dish. Ts cant drown so no worry's there. edit: never mind, saw your other pics

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
they work great for arboreals. terrestrials dont care for them IME.

Abyss

Arachnoknight
My 2 small small small super stacker boxes (88 cents each at walmart) converted to avic sling enclosures

ropota

Arachnopeon
My 1 inch Avicularia Velutina enclosure. Its a amac container from the container store. Have a bit of moss for humidity, holes drilled out for ventilation, bottle cap for water, piece of bark and a plant leaf and shes happy.

Attachments