Old Timer

sntcruzan

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Go to forums and then click on forums link.i just tried it and it works

sntcruzan

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm hoping that all of you had a great Thanksgiving day yesterday !
This weekend I'm going to be finishing up on the details of our last business meeting that we had in San Jose and post the SFBATS schedule on our website. I'll be posting the actual date of our January (12th or 19th) meeting to be held in Concord, as soon as Ken & Georgie let me know which of the two dates works best for them.
If you have any added ideas about 2008's schedule and events please contact me.

arachnocat

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Can't wait for the next meeting! I just got back from my vacation to Washington DC. Didn't see many cool bugs over there, just lots of boring monuments. lol! I had a really good time though.
I did get to see a lot of house centipedes, a weird green bug and a brown cockroach that my mother in law squished before I could ID it. :wall:
Anyways, see you guys in January. I'll have lots of goodies to bring :)
If you need give-aways for raffles or whatever I would be glad to donate some things.

sntcruzan

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Welcome back to the Bay Area,we have missed you at the meetings.We could use some stuff for our FREE drawings.Last time we had around 20 things to give away.I'll give you an update on the business meeting, when i summarize it.

PhormictopusMan

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi guys. Is there anything planned for December? I know we talked a bit about a hike. Things are cold now so not sure if we would find much but we could give it a shot. Not sure if it's good to collect females at this time but if we did find some there would be a good chance of them being gravid. Also would like to find a few gravid C. longitarsus. They just had their mating season as well.

--Chris

sntcruzan

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
SF Bay Area Tarantula Society meeting January 19th

We are officially going to have our Winter meeting January 19th.It should be another successful and interesting time again.
MORE INFO TO FOLLOW

See you there!!!!

Spring Sling Fling is coming in April...date to be posted at a later time.... Special guest speaker...Hint ----tarantula research expert

sntcruzan

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Can we get a head count to see how many people are planning on coming?

KenTheBugGuy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Place

Concord, California...my place :) If you need the actual address just PM me or Fred.

sntcruzan

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
SF Bay Area Tarantula Society meeting January 19th

Hey All !!

We are getting close to the Winter Meeting . Here are some of the details.

Location/hosted by: Ken and Georgie Concord,Ca. PM myself or Ken for directions
Time: 11- 2:30
Food: We'll probably order pizza, it seemed to work last time for us.

What to bring (Food): drinks,veggie platter,chips/dip and paper plates & cups
What to bring(Inverts) of any kind: roaches to be securely contained. Please bring your inverts to trade,sell or show.
What not to bring :( alcohol,drugs or bad attitudes. We want to maintain an atmosphere that would be family friendly.

Here are some possiblities that we will be doing during this meeting.
Guest speakers on different topics. Breeding demos, sexing and other topics
Free drawings, like last time. This one is for sure. If you have anything that you want to put in for the drawing , please do. We want everyone to get at least 1 free drawing
Handling demos, if we think it would benefit somebody.
A visit afterwards to EBV, if you like.

Uglykid2

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'll be there fer sure! I'll only be bringing 1 table this time but can share half of it. Anyone want dibs? Only $.025 per 20 minutes! I will also bring my toy tarantulas for a handling demo...