Secure enclosure retailer? Please read..

Chase

Arachnopeon
Hey everyone,
I'm in search of a secure enclosure for Androtonus spp., + Parabuthus spp. I am going to be starting a fair sized breeding project soon. I am just now getting back into it, I know I had these locked, plastic enclosures when I owned invertebrates, but its been a while and I need some help. It has to be non-glass, lockable, plastic so that if it falls it will not shatter, etc. Thanks for your time!

David_F

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I would suggest using a regular aquarium of an appropriate size and just making a lid out of plexiglass or lexan. I'm not sure of commercial tanks out there but for me this has worked great. It's fairly inexpensive and very secure.

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Crystal-clear Polycarbonate food storage containers (used in resturants) make great, secure invertebrate cages. This material is virtually unbreakable (unlike the fragile acrylic "pet pal" cages). The lids of many snap down VERY tightly, it takes both hands and considerable force to open the larger ones. They would require modification to allow for ventilation, of course. The only downside is that they are relatively expensive.

One manufacturer of such containers in Cambro. Here's a link to a company that sells their products online. Be sure to scroll through all the pages, they sell a lot of other resturant equipment as well.

http://www.bigtray.com/searchresults.asp?s=cambro&RN=1

Wade