scorps molt cycle

monster_bugs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have been keeping t's for a while now, and i got a couple emperor scorps a few months ago... i love them, and they wont stop eating.. i can not find any info on net about scorp's molt cycle... can anybody please tell me how it goes??? i really want these things to molt... they are about 2 inches... captive bred by a buddy of mine...

thanks in advance

Igor

VesAn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm looking for the same information for desert hairies, as well.

avd88

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Emps will eat anything you give them so try not to overfeed him, they eat about 2 crickets 2 times a week, and about molting, ive had my first emp about 10 months ago and it still hasnt molted and its not an adult yet, just be sure the humidity levels and temperature are ok, and wait for him to do his thing.

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
hi,
the crucial difference between Tarantulas and Scorpions is that scorpions do NOT moult after adulthood; so its not a cycle

emps tend to moult 7(?) times; the last 2 moults may be up to a year apart and the first two are 7-10 days apart
so the older it is, the longer you have to wait until its next moult

scorps cant really overfeed, but they dont look very nice when bloated, so dotn let them get fat; otherwise they will become inactive until they are hungry again

my H.spinifer was inactive for several months because i bloated it after its moult, as a result i got a fat scorp which did nothing all day and night, it eventually moulted, but these things take time

monster_bugs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
no but what im asking is how does the premolt go and stuff... how do i know when its in premolt, that kinda thing....

thanks