Scorpions in Charleston,SC

kingofall

Arachnosquire
Does anybody know if there are scorpions in Charleston,SC and if so where?

RTTB

Arachnoprince
Possible that populations of C hentzi and C guanensis could have been established there. I’ve heard rumors of this.

kingofall

Arachnosquire
Possible that populations of C hentzi and C guanensis could have been established there. I’ve heard rumors of this.
Ive heard about that too but I've never been able to find any.

kingofall

Arachnosquire
At some point probably over the weekend i'll go out in the woods behind my house at night with a blacklight and see if I can find some.

USMuscle9403

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hentzi lives there, but you'd have better luck finding them on some of the islands. They prefer sandier, drier areas with ground cover. Think Palm fronds and bark. Beach houses often get infestations.

I'm not so sure about carolinianus, I'm thinking they're more of an inland species. But once you find them, you find lots of them as they live in pockets. I'm in Richland county and they prefer sparsely wooded areas with drier ground.

kingofall

Arachnosquire
Hentzi lives there, but you'd have better luck finding them on some of the islands. They prefer sandier, drier areas with ground cover. Think Palm fronds and bark. Beach houses often get infestations.

I'm not so sure about carolinianus, I'm thinking they're more of an inland species. But once you find them, you find lots of them as they live in pockets. I'm in Richland county and they prefer sparsely wooded areas with drier ground.
Do you know of any islands/beaches in specific?

richard buss

Arachnopeon
i've heard that areas with dense populations of wild hogs don't have many scorps cuz the pigs eat them, does anyone know if this is true?
thanks, rick