Scorpions & Education

gataloco

Arachnopeon
I would like peoples opinion on what the best scorpions are for education. I currently have Desert Hairys, Emperors and Flat Rocks. I have found all three are great scorpions for display and the flat rocks have been very good for handling. I would like to expand my collection but I am not sure what direction to go. I DO NOT WANT ANY SCORPIONS THAT ARE HIGHLY VENOMOUS!

phoenixxavierre

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Burrowing Tri Color Scorps would make an interesting addition to your collection, Opistophthalmus species.

Peace,

Paul

Andrew

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yah, if i were you i'd buy a coppel c.vittatus and make a coleny. There venom is like a 2.5 i'd say, you need to keep the humidty at about 55-60%. This is from my experences witch were very good and exciting.
Andrew

Diao

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My Opistophthalmus is obnoxiously tempermental. Not handlable whatsoever. It has some great habits to show a class, but it sure as heck isn't one you could take out and display.

phoenixxavierre

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Diao
My Opistophthalmus is obnoxiously tempermental. Not handlable whatsoever. It has some great habits to show a class, but it sure as heck isn't one you could take out and display.
So are mine! It's the only scorpion species I've been stung by, twice! You don't need to handle one to display it though. I have two right now and one burrows, the other doesn't. I made the suggestion because you CAN display it in a container and easily direct it around without being stung. It makes an interesting species due to its ability to stridulate. And it's venom is not medically significant.