Scorpion Picture Thread

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Alex, where is my shipment of those? lol I love them! Wonderful pics and keep up the good work!!

annelies

Arachnopeon
Some of my scorpions

Centuroides margaritatus

Odonturus dentatus

Euscorpius carpathicus ( sorry for the crappy picture but they are so small!!)

Pandinus imperator

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
^^^^^ Are those all juveniles??:? your emps got tiny tails, you got some plumpies there.

annelies

Arachnopeon
The emps , euscorpius and the odonturus are juveniles.

The emps do look a little fat dont they :p

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah they do ! I have to admit..they look cuter all puffy like that. Looks like you've gonna have a lot of molts at once in that enclosure. You breed those emps yourself or buy them during I2? I'm still twiddling my thumbs waiting for my female emp to develop her embryos... At the same time it's good becuase I get to ignore her and pay attention to my other scorps (which have a better personality than that grouchy witch!!)
Best of luck, keep up the good work!!!

Ed

annelies

Arachnopeon
I bought the a few months ago.
iff it's time to feed them i just throw in some crickets, nothing special.
They are about 6cm right now, i must admit i have no idea what instar the are right now :8o

( i am sorry for mij english, need al little practice :D )

Scorpfanatic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
congrates in the lychas infucatus brood alex, shame that i only have one juv speciment! :(

Canth

Arachnolord
Old Timer
That little group of "emps" aren't emps. Looks like some sp of Heterometrus.

Canth

Arachnolord
Old Timer
No, the telsons are too dark and the claws are too smooth. Emps get granulation about 3-4th instar.

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Do you have photoshop? I enlarged the heck out of that and still saw a ton of granulation (as I did in the regular sized pic) I did notice the dark color telson but I belive that is the product of an upcomming molt... The user seemed sure of the ID also... Time frame seems right for sub-adult.

Canth

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I see some, you're right. Possibly P. cavimanus because of the dark telson.

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Quite possibly.... We'll have to see after a molt.... on the other hand I know that a lot of heterometrus telson get darker as they molt... (not necessarily species but more so individuals) maybe these will lighten up? I'm anxious to see.

Halgeir

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
M. martensii

(Sorry for the terrible quality)

This one really fancy climbing the sticks.

Arlius

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Nah, those telsons are way to dark to be P. imperator (they are still fairly white at 5th instar, only really darkening at 2nd last and last molt, and they are more brownish. Those are looking fairly 'black' already). Has to be cavimanus or a heterometrus sp (not likely heterometrus so Im leaning towards P. cavimanus)

ectic

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I go for heterometrus specie. heterometrus laoticus ?

They are pretty much common on the market. They just look to round and dark to be cavimanus to me. And since they are not adult yet, i'm sure that mesuring the lenght is already close to max size cavimanus (they are smaller then emps right ? we'll I have one for close then 2 years. Probably adult because it never molted ) . But this is only an opinion and could be wrong.

Arlius

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
There are very few discernible differences between imperator and cavimanus. The telson color is the best (easiest) indicator. They are the same size, general coloration (there are different 'morphs' though, some are much more distinct with red claws, some are 'exactly' the same)