Scorpion Picture Thread

GS

Arachnoknight

SpiderJoe

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Pandinus Cavimanus

Hi there!

I wanted to share some pictures of my recently acquired female P. Cavimanus Yoda :biggrin:

Here are some, soon I will post an update because I ordered a new exo terra for her. She now temporarily resides in my 5 gallon fish tank.

So meet Yoda;)

Enjoy!

Take care y'all!

Joey

DolbyR

Arachnopeon
Partial collection

Random sharing of some of my breeding projects.

Last edited:

2nscorpx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nice species, but the substrate with the Buthacus sp. is surely not still being used...? The genera lives on very loose sand, and will burrow extensively. It is probably most agile on this substrate as well.

2nscorpx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Interesting species! Are you sure of the validity of the subspecies?

Obli

Arachnopeon
Interesting species! Are you sure of the validity of the subspecies?
Pretty much yes. For sure they aren't negebensis, but... they could be some undescribed subspecies. Of course I bought as concolor from reliable person. Anyway, gravid females are WC, which allows me to sleep peacefully ; )

Differences from negebensis you could see inter alia on chelae, legs.

Anyway, scorplings molt after 3 days to 2 instar.

2nscorpx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Pretty much yes. For sure they aren't negebensis, but... they could be some undescribed subspecies. Of course I bought as concolor from reliable person. Anyway, gravid females are WC, which allows me to sleep peacefully ; )

Differences from negebensis you could see inter alia on chelae, legs.]

Oh, okay, thanks. I'm writing a catalog for species in the hobby and I had to ask.

Obli

Arachnopeon

Differences from negebensis you could see inter alia on chelae, legs.
Oh, okay, thanks. I'm writing a catalog for species in the hobby and I had to ask.
I'm not some expert on scorpions; ) Always you can described them as "Orthochirus sp."

Btw, they got some interesting colors!

Last edited: