Scorpion Picture Thread

pperrotta03

Arachnosquire
I used the gallery on The Scorpion Files and it seems to resemble most of them.
I agree for the most part except some of the older ones are darker and dont resemble them. I stole my sisters camera so hopefully I can get more pics up, and good ones

tappy tappa taparoo

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Been scorpion hunting!

pic of a stunning male of Euscorpius 'carpathicus corsicanus' - species is at the moment undefined i believe as theres ongoing work on the carpathicus complex

males have an enlarged telson and larger claws with notches in them

ShredderEmp

Arachnoprince
My Parabuthus liosoma is a beast. She has eaten six roaches since Saturday. Oh well, I have pictures of her meal:

Thistles

Arachnobroad
Old Timer
galapagos scorp.jpg
I am not big into scorps, but when I visited the Galapagos this spring I was flipping rocks looking for Scolopendra and I happened across a few of these guys. I think he's a Hadruroides maculatus, no? Figured you guys might enjoy a shot of one in the wild. My camera is terrible for detail and macro work, and he was only about an inch and a half long. Sorry the quality is crap.

2nscorpx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
View attachment 120760
I am not big into scorps, but when I visited the Galapagos this spring I was flipping rocks looking for Scolopendra and I happened across a few of these guys. I think he's a Hadruroides maculatus, no? Figured you guys might enjoy a shot of one in the wild. My camera is terrible for detail and macro work, and he was only about an inch and a half long. Sorry the quality is crap.
Wow, beautiful! How do you know it's H. maculatus? How are you able to tell?

Thistles

Arachnobroad
Old Timer
I think that's the only species found there, but again, I'm not a scorp person!

ShredderEmp

Arachnoprince
I had my 3rd Centruroides gracilis molt into 5th instar today. I was able to catch it halfwayh through before gojng to school.

Halfway through:

When I returned home:

Brizzl

Arachnosquire
@shredder: do you think these guys would be a good first scorp? I was thinking about getting some. It's a beauty btw.

ShredderEmp

Arachnoprince
Thanks. They are a great species. They live life in the fast lane to put it shortly. Also, they are easy to take care of and look great. I actually have another going into 6th instar at the moment, but it chose a bad time to do so. I have a chemistry test tomarrow and it's hard not to watch.

ShredderEmp

Arachnoprince
Tell me about it.

---------- Post added 10-02-2013 at 11:07 PM ----------

So this Centruroides gracilis pulled a fast one on me, but I caught the whole thing. 2 in one day is ok for me.

ShredderEmp

Arachnoprince
So my last Centruroides gracilis molted into 6th instar today. It seems that when my scorpions molt, they do so in groups. Probably because 2 of them are related. This was the third one in 2 days. I believe it is a male?

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
In-situ shot of an enormous 4" (without tail!!!) mature female A pococki with her babies in the wild. :D The babies are huge! They're 2nd instars, but look like 3rd instars!

People should refrain from collecting this species in fall, this is when the mature females are protecting their young. I've got more than enough of these things already :D

The tarantulas are sealing themselves off early, this year in the OC...