Scorpion Picture Thread

HAL9000

Arachnopeon
It is a bit on the shallow side, but not as shallow as it looks in the photo. About 3 or 4 inches. She doesn't really want to burrow or eat much as it is, but hopefully that will change after she settles in.

Space is a challenge in a 10 g terrarium so next upgrade is a larger tank

Scuttlebutt

Arachnosquire
Th...those were for everyone ;_;

That's around 6 crickets stuffed into one P. imperator's mouth, and he was still trying to get more

fatpion.jpg

Last edited:

Scuttlebutt

Arachnosquire
For real, I had to change the cricket distribution to all of my inverts since I was only expecting 1-3 per scorpion. Good thing the pet store gave me an overcount. I can't usually tell them apart but I'm pretty sure this is the same one that is always trying to steal food from his siblings, likes to have a mealworm in each claw and one in his mouth, and abandons killed uneaten prey just so he can grab another that is crawling by.

Last edited:

ShredderEmp

Arachnoprince
For real, I had to change the cricket distribution to all of my inverts since I was only expecting 1-3 per scorpion. Good thing the pet store gave me an overcount. I can't usually tell them apart but I'm pretty sure this is the same one that is always trying to steal food from his siblings, likes to have a mealworm in each hand and one in his mouth, and abandons killed uneaten prey just so he can grab another that is crawling by.
I think he needs his own home.

papilio

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This is a 3D stereogram, created from the depth-maps generated by the focus-stacking software, Zerene. To view, with your face about 18 inches from the monitor, cross your eyes until the images merge. The eyes need to be quite level with the images, even a tiny bit off-kilter will produce eye-strain. Once the images have merged try tipping your head a tiny bit to one side or the other till you find the spot where your eyes feel relaxed while keeping the images perfectly aligned as one. Many people have a hard time with this, one thing which helps a bit is propping your chin up on your elbow to keep your gaze steady. I've also noticed that it seems easier to keep the images merged if I'm gazing very slightly downward at the monitor. Finally, move forward if necessary until the image is in focus.

Rhopalurus junceus exoskeleton

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Lots of moults recently on here!

Heterometrus phipsoni subadult (2 days after moult)