Scorpion lost a leg

gottacontra

Arachnopeon
I acquired a new scorpion about a month ago. He/she was sold to me as a Dictator, I have my suspicions it may be an emperor.

Upon arrival, I realized it was missing a foot and first digit up. Yesterday morning I noticed the rest of the leg in the aquarium next to where it likes to burrow. It had been very active the night before. It was climbing all over log, getting in water dish, etc. Regular happy active scorpion stuff. I should add, it's in the aquarium alone.

Yesterday I didn't want to disturb, since obviously it had experienced some trauma. This morning I noticed it had come out and got in water as usual and had made a new burrow. So it must be ok. I did some reading in regards to leg loss and sounds like most times scorpions fare well.

Any comments are appreciated. I just feel really bad for it :(

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Leg loss can happen, but I wouldn't worry too much about it. It may have just popped off the remainder of the leg because it was being slowed down by the previous damage. Once the would closes up it'll basically be like it never happened.

gottacontra

Arachnopeon
Leg loss can happen, but I wouldn't worry too much about it. It may have just popped off the remainder of the leg because it was being slowed down by the previous damage. Once the would closes up it'll basically be like it never happened.
Thank you