Scorpion identification (Bought this as an Emperor Scorpion)???

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +

Attachments

James Bradfield

Arachnopeon
The one I posted is only instar 4
Ya so your scorpion is double the size if yours is 4". The stinger just look dark because of the lighting in my place, and the fact I'm using a web cam. I'm telling you I used a flash light this morning and it's Telson is in fact a lot lighter than the rest of the tail. upload_2017-7-4_14-2-39.png

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Ya so your scorpion is double the size if yours is 4". The stinger just look dark because of the lighting in my place, and the fact I'm using a web cam. I'm telling you I used a flash light this morning and it's Telson is in fact a lot lighter than the rest of the tail. View attachment 245017
They are not 4 inches. They are 4 instar which means they molted 3 times since birth

James Bradfield

Arachnopeon
They are not 4 inches. They are 4 instar which means they molted 3 times since birth
I want it to be an Asain Forest Scorpion, but the balb (Telson) on the tip of it's tail is Light, in some of the pictures it look Black, I don't know why? But it does, and it's not like I'm using a photographers camera or anything, my web came really suck and pictures never look the same as it does in person. I thank you for trying to help me figure it out, and your Emperor scorpions look amazing!

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm not great on IDs of these scorpions but the heavy granulation on the chela makes me think Pandinus over Heterometrus

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
I'm not great on IDs of these scorpions but the heavy granulation on the chela makes me think Pandinus over Heterometrus
For his or mine ? Mine are Pandinus.

@James Bradfield Sure thing. No one is trying to be repetitive or monotonous we really want to try and properly ID yours.

I know mine are Pandinus which is why I was trying to get some pictures you can compare to yours in person

And thanks , I don't give them the attention they deserve , especially being so rare and expensive now.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That pic is not focused, still looks like you have a Heterometrus species there, aka, Asian Forest scorpion. The telson is too dark for it to be an imperator even if it's lighter than the rest of your scorpion. The telson on that one also has the shape of many Heterometrus species. The common Heterometrus species in the market is Heterometrus petersii, that would be my guess. Easier if you post a focused pic on that telson, but ...it's already pretty obvious it's a Heterometrus sps.

James Bradfield

Arachnopeon
For his or mine ? Mine are Pandinus.

@James Bradfield Sure thing. No one is trying to be repetitive or monotonous we really want to try and properly ID yours.

I know mine are Pandinus which is why I was trying to get some pictures you can compare to yours in person

And thanks , I don't give them the attention they deserve , especially being so rare and expensive now.
Thank you for helping me by showing me your pictures. I am really hoping it's an Asian Forest Scorpion, I've already ordered another scorpion from Tarantula Canada, and 2 Green Bottle Blue Tarantulas. Can't wait to see them arrive at my door. I also am getting into breeding Boas, Blood pythons, Ball pythons, King snakes, Corn snakes, and the other 4 species of Tarantulas. Thanks again, I'm going to be working on getting better pictures with a better cam soon.

James Bradfield

Arachnopeon
That pic is not focused, still looks like you have a Heterometrus species there, aka, Asian Forest scorpion. The telson is too dark for it to be an imperator even if it's lighter than the rest of your scorpion. The telson on that one also has the shape of many Heterometrus species. The common Heterometrus species in the market is Heterometrus petersii, that would be my guess. Easier if you post a focused pic on that telson, but ...it's already pretty obvious it's a Heterometrus sps.
I trust you know your scorpions, so I appreciate what you know. I want to figure out what kind of Heteromatrus species it is and find more of them. You say it looks closer to a Heterometrus petersii so I do my research on them. Thanks for letting me know. I want to learn more about the different kinds of scorpion out there.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
I trust you know your scorpions, so I appreciate what you know. I want to figure out what kind of Heteromatrus species it is and find more of them. You say it looks closer to a Heterometrus petersii so I do my research on them. Thanks for letting me know. I want to learn more about the different kinds of scorpion out there.
There are a great many for sure .

And you're welcome, were glad to help. This is your #1 resource for all things invertebrate now that you have found us.

Cheers.

James Bradfield

Arachnopeon
There are a great many for sure .

And you're welcome, were glad to help. This is your #1 resource for all things invertebrate now that you have found us.

Cheers.
Thanks again. Glad their are people who know their scorpions, and I'll be looking forward to learning more about my scorpion. This is a really cool site.