Scorpion help, opinions needed on tough decision

Tom2634

Arachnopeon
A few months ago I posted this thread asking for help. Read my initial post for a quick overview.

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=193421

After a couple of weeks she wound up losing her right Pedipalp and trochanter. (I'm using this diagram http://www.ntnu.no/ub/scorpion-files/scorpion_anatomy2.jpg). She also lost use of her left pedipalp, she was unable to open it to grasp food. Other than all of this, she seemed completely fine, tail up, took food without a problem, drank as usual, spent the same amount of time in and out of the hide as normal. It took quite a bit of help from me for her to eat, she would use her deactivated pedipalp to corral the cricket if she had to.

Well I got back from a 4 day trip last night with some crickets for her and her offspring, and her left claw is just dragging, hanging by a thread. I was pretty discouraged, so I fed her scorplings, and went to bed, contemplating what to do. About an hour ago she was out wandering as if everything was fine, tail up. So I gave her two crickets, touching them right to her chelicerae and letting her take them directly from the tongs.

I have a dilemma, I feel like she could live a full scorpion life with my help, but I don't want to cause unnecessary misery to her. She seems oblivious to what is going on, going about her normal life. Should I let it play out? Euthanize? I know it's ultimately my call but I'd like some advice or opinions.

I greatly appreciate any help. Thanks guys and girls.

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Just let her live. Killing her would be a waste, imo.

Fuzzy

Arachnopeon
This thread is over a week old now, and you've probably already made up your mind but I'm curious to find out what you did.

Keep in mind that most of your invert pets don't feel pain, if they can eat and drink and live a mostly normal life then there's nothing wrong with keeping them alive IMO.

Forgive me if this is a stupid thing to say (I'm not familiar with scorpions at all, I keep tarantulas) but severed limbs and other body parts will grow back in molts, right?

afs rock

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
This thread is over a week old now, and you've probably already made up your mind but I'm curious to find out what you did.

Keep in mind that most of your invert pets don't feel pain, if they can eat and drink and live a mostly normal life then there's nothing wrong with keeping them alive IMO.

Forgive me if this is a stupid thing to say (I'm not familiar with scorpions at all, I keep tarantulas) but severed limbs and other body parts will grow back in molts, right?
Scorpions don't regenerate limbs after a molt