Scorp VS Pede

who would win between a pede and a scorp?

• scorp

Votes: 23 52.3%
  • pede

Votes: 21 47.7%

• Total voters

Scorpfanatic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ThatGuy said:
a little juve C. Vittatus against a giant pede with the aid of forceps to hold it in place..............yea that was real fair.:clap: .....:wall:
who knows? probably scorp lovers start feeding pedes to their scorps from now!! whahaha i was about to feed some pedes to my tamulus whahaha lucky you post a pic first! whahahaha :p~

oh yah.. people in my county feed pedes to fishes wahahahahah!!!!

ThatGuy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
i just had to put that pic on there, cuz i couldnt let a pede show the scorps up ;P . but either way i wouldnt feed one to the other there is no point there both amazing animals.

Normski2020uk

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I agree that size does count, Small scorp large Pede, Scorps life looks grim, large scorp large Pede, even stevens, but as Scorps are generaly ambush preditors, they have the upper hand straight away. You get a decent size Emp, grab anything with its claws, the sting is not required, as the prey is generaly crushed , and ive noticed my 2 Emps, tend to go for the head, and hold the prey out at a distance until tey are managebale.

Scorpfanatic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hail to the scorpions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

ThatGuy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
guesskatiejules said:
This doesn't seem all that fair to the scorp, since there are a pair of tweezers holding its tail back so it can't sting. :(

Personally, I think whichever is fastest would win. :cool:
exacly what i said.

TheNothing

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
guesskatiejules said:
This doesn't seem all that fair to the scorp, since there are a pair of tweezers holding its tail back so it can't sting. :(

Personally, I think whichever is fastest would win. :cool:

Actually
Scolopendra in the US do commonly prey upon C. vittatus. You can actually watch C. vittatus scatter like flies on crap when a Scolo. enters the field. Read the thread those pictures are in, and you'll see its extremely common. The C.vitt. venom is no threat to the Scolo's.

Scolo's and Scorps are BOTH ambush preditors. Scolo's are also apt to be a bit more offensive as well. The only scorpion I've kept (over 30 species) that came close to the same speed as a Scolo. would be the Smeringurus mesaensis.

Just like all threads similar to this one, there are too many variables. So unless someone feels like gathering a ton of 'pedes and a ton of scorps, all of varying sizes, we can never truely know the difference.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
moricollins said:
I still don't get why we see all these posts on "Who would win"..... :?
it is the very essence of humanity to be able to imagine things that aren't... to be curious about situations that have not passed (or not in an individual's experience)

i see no harm, and if some is like, offended by them they could easily not click

fscorpion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yes, Scolopendra is a scorpion (Euscorpius predator) here too...the fact is that S.cingulata is 5x the size of an Euscorpius...but I am sure no scolopendra is a match for a Pandinus or Heterometrus...size is everything;)

fscorpion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
ThatGuy said:
a little juve C. Vittatus against a giant pede with the aid of forceps to hold it in place..............yea that was real fair.:clap: .....:wall: no tweezers holding back this scorp.

This looks like a photoshop picture to me :eek:

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
IMO/IME I would speculate that if the two were of the same relative size and body mass a centipede would win almost every time due their speed and strength...I would think the scorpion would win only if it got in a lucky sting.

Though I have no evidence to support this next statement I would also suspect that centipedes and scorpions that live in the same locale's might be a little resistant to the other species venom...

John
];')

Normski2020uk

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I'm not 100% sold on this. Dependant on species of Scorp. Some are reliant on the power of their claws, other there venom. I have witnessed Scorps do some pritty amazing stuff, completly throw their tank decorations/hids upside down. Cut through aluminium mesh. And that tail can get anywhere, once they go for a sting its like a snake, ive seen my Emp. sting from under her, between her legs, and as i found out to my cost, the Scorp is vey flexable/versatile and can twist right over on them selves to escape if necassery. I think an evenly matched fight would be something to watch, and would be exactly the same as an evenly matched human fight. The one with the most stamina, experiance and skill would win, with a little luck thrown in for good mesure.

ThatGuy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Normski2020uk said:
I'm not 100% sold on this. Dependant on species of Scorp. Some are reliant on the power of their claws, other there venom. I have witnessed Scorps do some pritty amazing stuff, completly throw their tank decorations/hids upside down. Cut through aluminium mesh. And that tail can get anywhere, once they go for a sting its like a snake, ive seen my Emp. sting from under her, between her legs, and as i found out to my cost, the Scorp is vey flexable/versatile and can twist right over on them selves to escape if necassery. I think an evenly matched fight would be something to watch, and would be exactly the same as an evenly matched human fight. The one with the most stamina, experiance and skill would win, with a little luck thrown in for good mesure.
im with ya 100% on that.:clap: :clap: :clap:

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
the only difference IMO is that the first one to strike wins, which isnt always the case when we decide to beat each other up ;)

ReptileMan27

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think size defently has to do with the outcome. Honestly though, I dont know why anyone would put a pede and scorp together in captivity to see who wins, I find that very irressponisble and imature and people that would do that shouldnt be keeping them. If it happens in the wild then whatever but in captivity is wrong and irresponsible:mad:.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Just too many variables. This is almost coming down to answering the question; which would you WANT to win... I think both can do allot of damage. But I have seen some pedes pull through some injuries that I thought would doom the pede. I put two pedes together once in hopes of a mating and one grabbed the other by the head with it's fangs and it turned into a tug of war. I finally managed to get them apart. The pede lost allot of fluid by bleeding and seemed paralyzed on the first 1/5 of it's body for weeks. It recovered! I'm the guy that had the baby pede that I found in his water and stung by ants. The one that turned green(?). It didn't move for a whole day and I was ready to feed it to something until I saw a leg baaaaarely move. Man that was a crazy recovery.