[Warning] Scolopendras

Triprion

Arachnopeon
Arachnosupporter
NEGATIVE

Jaehyouk Lee contacted me on January 9th, 2014 shortly after I posted an ad for a trio of Scolopendra aztecorum (among other things), stating,"Interested in buying the whole group! How large are they? And would you send me some pics to [email omitted]? Thanks".
I responded with a photograph the next day, and Mr. Lee was very excited, saying he would just like to see photos of each of the three animals and measurements on each. I took the photos, as exact a measurement as I could, and emailed back on the 11th. On the 12th he responded, "They look good! Definitely gonna take them. I will send you the money as soon as i go back to US at 28th."
I responded, "Glad to hear they will do for your purposes! Do you use Paypal? If so, I would really appreciate some kind of deposit being put down on them. The last three interested parties have asked me to hold them and then at the last minute decided they couldn't afford it, so I have had a frustrating time lately. If not, that is OK, it would just make me feel more comfortable. Thanks!"
Mr. Lee then responded, "Yup i use paypal and dont worry i never fail anyone definitely gonna take them without any question lol check my list of inverts i die for rare pedes."
Despite my concerns, I trusted that Mr. Lee would come through as promised. I bumped my ad to include the aztecorum were "PENDING" along with another update, and waited patiently until January 28th. When I asked Mr. Lee if he had decided on which carrier he would prefer I ship with, and for a zip so I could begin monitoring the temp projections he said he had not forgotten our transaction but that he was delayed out of the country until Feb 3rd. Feb 4th arrives and I have an email from Mr. Lee asking for my phone number to get the ball rolling on the deal - I started to relax and felt like the transaction was going to go smoothly afterall.

This morning Mr. Lee texts me: Mr. Lee: "The price for the aztecorum was $300 shipped, right?" I responded, "The price on the group is $350 not including shipping or paypal fees if applicable." (This was exactly what the ad Mr. Lee originally responded to had stated). Mr. Lee: "Wow thats expensive! Is is possible for you to do 300 shipped?" Me: "That was the price listed in the ad you responded to..." Mr. Lee: "Oh my bad.....totally thought it was shipped price." Me: So you aren't going to take them at the price we agreed upon after I just held them for the better part of a month?" Mr. Lee: "Sorry 350+ shipping just seems to be too outrageous. What would you be the best price you can offer?" Me: "Do you realize this isn't fun money for me? This is money my family needs for food and utilities. I held these animals back for you on the good-faith that you would come through as promised and now you want to play games?" Mr. Lee: "Lol? Im not trying to play a game or anything i just thought the price you stated up there included thr shipping fee." Me: "Thank you for taking advantage of my willingness to work with you despite my expressed hesitance to do so. The review I am going to leave you now will hopefully spare the next fool some time and annoyance." Mr. Lee: "Do whatever you wish but I know youd have sold them if you had another buyer whoever comes before me. The only reason you couldn't sold them was your price was just too high." Me: "I'm sorry you got that impression but neither my ad or our subsequent conversation stated shipping was included." Mr. Lee: "I will also leave a review for you. You could just tell me what i said isn't true then i would have worked with you." "Well... but thats what I thought." (?) Me: I', an honorable businessman, so no, I wouldn't have sold them out from under you." Mr. Lee: "Well did you say they were sold when I said im interested in buying them?" Me: "All I've done is agree to a deal, defer payment for almost 30 days, and try to complete the transaction upon the terms set-forth in my ad. What about my business ethic can you fault me for?" "I posted that they were PENDING. You hadn't paid a dime toward the animals yet so why would I have said they were SOLD? Why are you trying to turn this back around on me? I didn't do anything wrong here, Jae." Mr. Lee: "Well thats my fault that I mis-read your ad I never thought it would be 350 without shipping. But i'm being logical here i prob didnt say they are sold when i said im interested in buying. im still willing to take them 350 shipped because like you said thats what i thought i agreed on." "Well see? that means you re still willing to sell them if you find someone willing to pay before me." Me: "No. PENDING means that someone has committed but has not paid in full. The animals are not SOLD until paid in full. If something is PENDING I will not sell it until the initially interested party and I agree they are widthdrawing their bid." Mr. Lee: "I highly doubt that. You definately would have sold them if someone had serious interest in them. If what youre saying is absolutely tru then you wont have any problem selling them right? The reason you re angry is probably because youy thought you could sell them at a rip off price. 350 shipped is still an excellent deal." Me: "Wow. You've got some balls, my friend! Enjoy the fallout..." Mr. Lee: "Well im telling you you re losing a great chance of selling them for such a high price.... all up to you lol."

I apologize for the long-winded and inclusive post, but Mr. Jaehyouk Lee really hit my last nerve. If he had just come to me and said that he didn't have the money and the most he could come up with was X-amount that would be one thing, but to lead me on for a month and then try and B:poop: me in to making a "deal" at the last minute? NOT OK. The, when I call him out on it he has the audacity to try and call my ethics in to question? RIGHT. Obviously Mr. Lee is not an honorable businessman. Obviously his tactics and business ethic are underhanded. This is the first NEGATIVE <edit> I have had to post on AB, and I hope the last. Hopefully this warning can save someone else the trouble I went through. BEWARE dealing with Mr. JAE LEE!!