Scolopendra's illness?

Androctonus_bic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hello, I want to know something about scolopendra illness. I think that my male of S. cingulata have mycosis in one anthena and in the knee in one leg. Can cingulata's become ill by mycosis ( this is a comon illnes in scorpions)?
Thanks.

Black Hawk

Arachnolord
Old Timer
cent's get leg mycosis in moisture probably even easier than scorps. i haven't heard of it in the antenna but it's very possible.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i noticed black/dark spots on a couple of mine

it was my impression that if it is a fungal infection it will spread and kill the host

i was starting to think about, er, tearing off the affected limbs and hoping this will stop the spread of the infection.

any thoughts?

Black Hawk

Arachnolord
Old Timer
if trying to take a leg from a centipede sounds easy, trust me use your bare hands :D

Randolph XX()

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i've notice the same thing, but nothing happened on my pedes yet.
my Haitian used to have some, but he got rid of them after a molt.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Randolph XX() said:
i've notice the same thing, but nothing happened on my pedes yet.
my Haitian used to have some, but he got rid of them after a molt.
ah, so they can molt out of some conditions.

hmm... it doesn't seem like the spots are spreading on mine...

patience seems to be best bet, at this point

Androctonus_bic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Black Hawk said:
if trying to take a leg from a centipede sounds easy, trust me use your bare hands :D
To that use any anestesyc substance like ethilic eter. It is easy to use, cheep, and doesn't produce any damage to you pede. Try it!!!!

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Androctonus_bic said:
To that use any anestesyc substance like ethilic eter. It is easy to use, cheep, and doesn't produce any damage to you pede. Try it!!!!
you can ether bugs?

i've been thinking about how to make an anesthetic... actually you (A.bic) prompted it by your story about the Buthus occitanus getting stung by the H. arizonensis, being in torpor (sleeping like death), and then awakening again later

but ether would be way easier!