Scolopendra ssp. ''Sinaï Mount''

bistrobob85

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey guys, this summer there are good chances that i'll be ordering a group of centipedes from Egypt. I'll be getting two species, scolopendra cingulata and some centipedes collected on the Sinaï Mount ( then i guess they are scolopendra ssp. ''Sinai Mount'' ). Have you ever heard of them? I dont know yet what the last ones will look like... Is anyone actually working with them? Is there another specie over there that maybe they can't identify correctly so they just call them ssp. ''Sinai Mount''? What do you guys think.

phil.

Morthoseth

Arachnopeon
just kiddding by the way. i have no idea what a scolopendra ssp. "Sinai Mt." is
it sounds like they're just saying that because they dont know their real name though

LongDucDong

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If its Mt. Sinai, thats a protected mountain and you wont be able to collect from there anyway.

juggernaut

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Mt. Sinai

wont be able to collect there if they follow the rules;P
post pictures when u get them in

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
i think the scolopendra fauna in Sinai won't be much different then that of Israel,.. according to the article
Negrea, S. 1997. On the Scolopendromorpha (Chilopoda) of Israel and
adjoining areas. Israel Journal of Zoology, 43:279-294

these can be found over there:
Scolopendra cingulata (many colorforms)
Scolopendra canidens (some colorforms)
Scolopendra mirabilis (as far as i know only 1 colorform)

and cause it's worldwide spread i also think Scolopendra morsitans can be a candidate.
(possible the same colorform as the Egyptian ones)

Let us know if you got them,... and post some pictures

Arachnoporium

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Sinai Centipede

This Scolopendra sp? was WC in the Sinai desert. I have been caring for them just as I would any other Scolopendra species with a bit less humidity and they are doing great.

Hey guys, this summer there are good chances that i'll be ordering a group of centipedes from Egypt. I'll be getting two species, scolopendra cingulata and some centipedes collected on the Sinaï Mount ( then i guess they are scolopendra ssp. ''Sinai Mount'' ). Have you ever heard of them? I dont know yet what the last ones will look like... Is anyone actually working with them? Is there another specie over there that maybe they can't identify correctly so they just call them ssp. ''Sinai Mount''? What do you guys think.

phil.