Scolopendra Hispaniola egs!!! HELP!!!

HubbleBubble

Arachnopeon
Have not seen it for a month and desided o dig it out, as soon as i found it I fed it and put few egs in a chamber I use for tarantula egs. Please help I dont know what to do and have no experiense with centepedes. I decided to put my pede in a small tank.
Should I take all egs or give them all to their mother?

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
You should have left it alone. Return the eggs to the mother. She will rotate and clean them individually(if they are not eaten instead). I have doubts that they will survive if left in the typical tarantula styled incubator.

HubbleBubble

Arachnopeon
I found my pede eating egs, I took all survivers to the incubator, I have 20-30 egs left. Should I wash them from soil?

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
If she's eating them they may just be infertile or perhaps she was disturbed enough to instinctually devour them. If you're going to attempt incubating them I wouldn't wash them. They are delicate and it would be too easy to break them. Chances are that nothing will come of them but since you're willing to try just make sure they don't mold or dessicate. You will need to keep a balance somewhere in between regarding humidity.

Androctonus_bic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm agree with the parters.
In thi other hand, you have to know that your pede is a Scolopendra dehanni. Take a look to a proper care according the correct labeled specie.

Cheers
Carles

Last edited:

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Hi Carles,

Why do you say dehaani? I ask because nearly all large, reddish animals being sold as Scolopendra "Hispaniola" have turned out to be alternans. Just curious, really, if you have seen/heard otherwise...