Scolopendra heros arizonisis vs mouse

RottweilExpress

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Why? It was a setup, and the much bigger and agile mouse got a kill under her belt. Was the pedes aggression the surprise you mean? Maybe.

BigToach

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i was surprised because every time you see a video of a centipede, its killing something. the title of the video doesnt suggest the pede gets its ass completely handed to him. and yea that mouse dwarfed the pede even a big mouse is still only a little mouse that pede couldnt have been more than 4 inches. still a very cool video from natures standpoint.

Bigboy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I haven't seen a video of grasshopper mice in action in about ten years. That was great, thankyou very much for linking it.

crashergs

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
niceeee. that pede got OWNED!!!! its about time something punks a centipede :)

im still keeping my pedes away from mammals though

bistrobob85

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Never heard of Centipede Eaters? Those are african snakes that LOOOOVE centipedes, hehe...

phil.

CopperInMyVeins

Arachnolord
Old Timer
From what I've read S. heros usually stick to pretty small prey. I'd guess that they very rarely if ever actually seek out Grasshopper Mice in the wild. Just another captive setup, cool to watch the mouse in action though. Plenty of other animals will prey on centipedes too, they're not exactly on the top of the food chain.

danread

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That was a great video. As other people have said, it's nice to see the full extent of the food chain, it's not always centipedes eating poor defenceless mice!

Cheers,