Scary molt partly under hide?

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
my only phampho has been molting for at least 8 hours , I don’t see but a few legs under hide tho . Can’t get a pic plastic shoebox enclosure not very transparent not taking lid off.
I can’t move hide it could disturbed the spider .
So I’m going to hope for best .
I haven’t seen a molt this long since a anax , wich got stuck. And took 12 hours it’s molt prior.

Vandertern

Arachnopeon
Have you read the following thread?

http://arachnoboards.com/threads/tarantula-stuck-in-its-molt-look-here-for-advice.306038/

Are you sure it has actually started molting and hasn't just flipped and is waiting to pop her carapace?

My L.P. done something very similar last molt, she was completely still for 12 hours, after reading that thread I decided she probably hadn't popped her carapace yet so left her and she was nice and freshly molted the following day, however I only hope it is something similar in your situation, someone more experienced will give you advice or maybe something else in that thread will help

All credit and thanks to @boina and fingers crossed for your Tarantula!

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Have you read the following thread?

http://arachnoboards.com/threads/tarantula-stuck-in-its-molt-look-here-for-advice.306038/

Are you sure it has actually started molting and hasn't just flipped and is waiting to pop her carapace?

My L.P. done something very similar last molt, she was completely still for 12 hours, after reading that thread I decided she probably hadn't popped her carapace yet so left her and she was nice and freshly molted the following day, however I only hope it is something similar in your situation, someone more experienced will give you advice or maybe something else in that thread will help

All credit and thanks to @boina and fingers crossed for your Tarantula!
YOUr right was molt a success , spider looks 7-8” or so. Bigger and bulkier then my big Lp but around same legspan.

I guess she must have been resting a while prior to seeing movement and must have popped carpace while I was sleeping.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
A 7-8" spider can take up to 24 hours to complete a molt in some cases!

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
A 7-8" spider can take up to 24 hours to complete a molt in some cases!
Wow I guess I didn’t know musta missed start of a few . I miss Goliath so massive but it had a tumor on arrival. I’ll have to stick to smaller Ones and a 7”-9” T that’s not a Goliath is still huge . Just carpace is smaller , still never seen proof of a 10” salmon pink.
Up to 24 hours is a long wait!!’nto worry