Saw this at repticon

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince
A413849A-6C12-41D4-AF0F-FBDB65CBA6FE.jpeg
Saw this and had to share. It was display only but it was a scolopendra gigantea. It was could have covered at least half of my arm(it’s in a 10 gallon tank)

NYAN

Arachnoking
Most would argue against calling it gigantea, as that’s probably not what it is.

Anyway, it’s a great species. They are very calm in my experiences. How much was it?

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince
Wasn’t for sale, it was display only and yeah gigantea seemed a bit off to me

basement pets

Arachnosquire
Wow that is a cool centipede! I went to a reptile expo the other day and I couldn't even find a single centipede for sale!

NYAN

Arachnoking
Dang! That looks like it’s 12-13 inches body length. $600 is a bit high, but I can understand why.

Caution. Ha.

Teds ts and Inverts

Arachnobaron
Dang! That looks like it’s 12-13 inches body length. $600 is a bit high, but I can understand why.

Caution. Ha.
Right, I couldn’t believe how big it was! It was bigger than some of the snakes I saw there. And $600? Yea, no. Maybe half of that, but considering it was probably already mature and fully grown, I would be surprised if someone paid $600 for it. Juvenile Scolopendra are the best deal in my opinion, since they aren’t as fragile as plings, and you know you’ll most likely have them for a decent amount of time.

KevinsWither

Arachnodemon
I would get one tbh, though it's almost as much as a plane ticket to Europe (if you shop around)

dragonfire1577

Arachnodemon
Right, I couldn’t believe how big it was! It was bigger than some of the snakes I saw there. And $600? Yea, no. Maybe half of that, but considering it was probably already mature and fully grown, I would be surprised if someone paid $600 for it. Juvenile Scolopendra are the best deal in my opinion, since they aren’t as fragile as plings, and you know you’ll most likely have them for a decent amount of time.
Gonna agree on juveniles being the best deal, have em for longer and look how cute the little white leg in my profile pic is! That individual is probably around 8 inches now too so they grow fairly quick, which means the wait really isn't that bad.

Teds ts and Inverts

Arachnobaron
Gonna agree on juveniles being the best deal, have em for longer and look how cute the little white leg in my profile pic is! That individual is probably around 8 inches now too so they grow fairly quick, which means the wait really isn't that bad.
Most definitely. I’ll also add that it is very rewarding to raise an invert from a smaller size to a big, beautiful, robust adult :)