[Inquiry] San Antonio Reptile Expo

VenomousMe

Arachnopeon
Is there usually a few T dealers at this event? Or more than a few? Anyone who's gone recently, I'd love to hear some input.

auskie

Arachnosquire
I actually went to the last one. There were only three booths selling tarantulas. I ended up leaving with a large female H. Lividum and a brachypelma sabulosum sling. it was mostly underwhelming, especially since it had a $10 cover charge and I spent $100 on two tarantulas. Prices aren't great and I couldn't find really any species I wanted. Most of the vendors don't care about tarantulas. There was a single M. Balfouri there though for $80 which was neat.

Last edited:

Mariner1

Arachnosquire
I went to a couple of these. It is mostly Snakes, geckos and other reptiles and amphibians. There were a few dedicated T tables, including Deadly Tarantula girl. The new location is much better, larger crowd I think which means more vendors and lower prices. Bring at least $150 with you and there will be hot snakes for sale, so print out the liability release form before you get there to save time. The link is on their website. Texasreptiles.net

VenomousMe

Arachnopeon
I actually went to the last one. There were only three booths selling tarantulas. I ended up leaving with a large female H. Lividum and a brachypelma sabulosum sling. it was mostly underwhelming, especially since it had a $10 cover charge and I spent $100 on two tarantulas. Prices aren't great and I couldn't find really any species I wanted. Most of the vendors don't care about tarantulas. There was a single M. Balfouri there though for $80 which was neat.

That doesn't sound too great, I hope it's better this time. You never know right? Or possibly thats just the hopeful addict talking.

---------- Post added 10-13-2014 at 08:50 PM ----------

I went to a couple of these. It is mostly Snakes, geckos and other reptiles and amphibians. There were a few dedicated T tables, including Deadly Tarantula girl. The new location is much better, larger crowd I think which means more vendors and lower prices. Bring at least $150 with you and there will be hot snakes for sale, so print out the liability release form before you get there to save time. The link is on their website. Texasreptiles.net

Now I know the Deadly T Girl has some nice T's and breeds them, so I'll keep my fingers crossed :) I'm hoping for some good deals...and a little variety.