salmon pink?

marco44

Arachnopeon
I just ordered a salmon pink,from krazy 8:) ,About 2'',anyone have a opion on how large of housing,temp and humity,might be and I,ll say thanks in advance.

surena

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
wow that is really cool. I would prefer tuna though. I guess you could get a 75
gal aquarium, and make sure you only empty 3rd of the water every time you change it.

Ok. Just kidding.

I think you say you purchased lasiodora parahybana (it is illegal to use common names :) )
At 2" it should be alright in a delie cup. They grow fast so soon you may have to rehouse it.
Here is a caresheet that I hope it helps. :) Welcome to the board.

Socrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
surena said:
gal aquarium, and make sure you only empty 3rd of the water every time you change it.
{D {D ROFLMAO {D {D Priceless!

---
Wendy
---

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Welcome to the boards!!! That being said, I can give you a couple of practical observations, and not much beyond that. I do have a L. parahybana, however I have had it for only 9 days. It has already moulted, and gone from 3/4 an inch to 1 1/4. It moves very quickly, and eats more than any other sling (spiderling) that I have. (I have 9). Usually they burrow, and stay in their holes and are rarely seen until they get bigger. I fully expect mine to start burrowing as soon as it is dry from the moult. I hope you enjoy it!!!

prodgers69

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I keep my L. parahybana in a tank 24"x12"x12", temp is kept around 25c, humidity 40%-50%, she has a hide in one corner but never uses it and is a perfect display spider, as she never hides, she is currently around 7.5".

tima

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
surena said:
I am so with Weny on this one. That is absolutely hilarious. I can barely type, I'm laughing so hard. A little syntax problem there, I guess. A Salmon Pink isn't quite the same as a Pink Salmon. ROFL.{D

gumby

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ive had my L. parahybana sling for about a month now and it has molted twice scence I got it I got 3 slings at the same time all three different sizes the L. parahybana was the smallest and now has caught up to the second smallest and it is an eating machine just insame I feed it about 3 pin heads every 4 days and they are gone in a day or two.

bluebell

Arachnopeon
prodgers69 said:
I keep my L. parahybana in a tank 24"x12"x12", temp is kept around 25c, humidity 40%-50%, she has a hide in one corner but never uses it and is a perfect display spider, as she never hides, she is currently around 7.5".

Ditto on that for mine.

They grow very fast. I purchased mine last August at 2 1/2" and now, after four molts it has grown to about 7-8". I kept it in a KK (about 6"x10") for the first two molts, then in a 10g aquarium, and now, after the last molt, it is in it's permanent home of a 15g long aquarium (24"x12"). For the first three or four months, it burrowed, then after that decided it preferred to be above ground is is now always out.

Ronj

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Bluebell is correct. My girl is close to 7" now and they do grow quick! They eat like machines and you purchased a great T! I would put that little growing baby in one of the larger kritter keepers and start looking for a 10 gal tank now! You can expect to move up into the larger tank in about 3 to 6 months! Congrats.

Gesticulator

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Lp's are pretty hardy t's. At 2 inches, i would use a small (not the tiniest)KK, or similar sized container. They are very visible t's as well, and seldom seem to hide. A hide is important though, as it helps ease the stress...I find all T's like to have a refuge. They grow incredibly fast!!!!. I keep my 4+ inch girl in a plastic shoe box. So far so good. Good luck, and it's a great T to start with.