Sad, sad, sad.

Autumnvicky

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Alright but when the 6 weeks are up will you let the animal control know you took her? Thank you for helping the mare.

All the best of luck!

equuskat

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Alright but when the 6 weeks are up will you let the animal control know you took her? Thank you for helping the mare.

All the best of luck!

I have a bill of sale for the mare and the gelding was actually transferred to ME initially from a Girl Scout camp...I still have that paperwork. She has no record that I gave him to her or that she gave him away. :)

Pacmaster

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
She is mentally ill - she is not a criminal.
Starving that poor horse is in fact criminal, and friend or not, you should take action to make things right,

I watch that "Animal Cops" show on AP, and there is never a shortage of neglected horses that they confiscate.

You need to work harder to get these animals the help they need.

If it were me in your shoes, the fact that that lady taught me soo much would only add fuel to the fire because it proves she knows better.

Are yu really gonna just stand by and watch that beautiful animal waste away because of your un-founded loyalty to the lady(where is her loyalty to the animals she has CHOSEN to care for . . .)

:?

EDIT: just read this last page, and I commend you for keeping at it, and taking some of those poor beasts away from that lady!

equuskat

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Starving that poor horse is in fact criminal, and friend or not, you should take action to make things right,

I watch that "Animal Cops" show on AP, and there is never a shortage of neglected horses that they confiscate.

You need to work harder to get these animals the help they need.

If it were me in your shoes, the fact that that lady taught me soo much would only add fuel to the fire because it proves she knows better.

Are yu really gonna just stand by and watch that beautiful animal waste away because of your un-founded loyalty to the lady(where is her loyalty to the animals she has CHOSEN to care for . . .)

:?

EDIT: just read this last page, and I commend you for keeping at it, and taking some of those poor beasts away from that lady!

If you're going to flame me and then put a lame-ass edit in as an afterthought, why don't you just remove the whole thing?

Good job reading. The horses are going to be taken care of. Nobody is standing idly by. I am doing everything that I can do. Animal Services has stopped by, horses have been moved, and things are being monitored. All of us are limited financially, and if Animal Services is not wanting to confiscate right now, then I've done all I can. You're telling ME to work harder when I have been doing tons of legwork making calls to rescues, planning for the removal of horses, and made an effort to go up and spend a weekend of my own time taking care of them?

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow

Glad she lost the business. I would have called the ASPCA on her in a heart beat.

Pacmaster

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
If you're going to flame me and then put a lame-ass edit in as an afterthought, why don't you just remove the whole thing?

Good job reading. The horses are going to be taken care of. Nobody is standing idly by. I am doing everything that I can do. Animal Services has stopped by, horses have been moved, and things are being monitored. All of us are limited financially, and if Animal Services is not wanting to confiscate right now, then I've done all I can. You're telling ME to work harder when I have been doing tons of legwork making calls to rescues, planning for the removal of horses, and made an effort to go up and spend a weekend of my own time taking care of them?
I wasnt flaming you.
I was pissed when I saw those pics and just hit the reply button. It wasnt aimed at you.

What pissed me off, was the fact that you were, in fact, defending the lady in question, even tho you know what she was doing was wrong.
There is no excuse for the condition of ANY animal in that condition, and to defend the person doing it is ridiculous.

I would turn my own mother in if she did that to her dog or cat . . .

I wont remove my post, because its the truth.

Tapahtyn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sorry to hear about the situation. I hope things work out for the both of you.

equuskat

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Brought two home! One went to a good friend, and my baby is back with me. When I was "free-leasing" her before, I had been forbidden to pull her mane or cut her bridle path. She's MY horse now, fully, and I didn't really believe it until I had finished pulling her mane and giving her a bridle path this morning. heh She looks soo much more like a warmblood now for it. She's eating a couple of handfulls of Safe Choice grain twice a day now, and has free choice grass hay during the day and timothy hay at night. She comes running when I call her. :D

Here's Nacho now in her new home.
"Wow you guys have yummy grass here..."

"HI MOM!!"

Her new friends are Paso Finos. :p

Aurelia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congratulations on getting her! She is gorgeous and will be even more so when she gains that weight back. I'm so jealous!

JC50

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey Katy!That`s awesome that you have your horse now.:) I am happy for you and knew your hard work and persistence would pay off.Good for you.

dtknow

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yay for a happy ending! Congrats Katy. :) It was tough but I don't think I need to ask whether it was worth it.

equuskat

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yay for a happy ending! Congrats Katy. :) It was tough but I don't think I need to ask whether it was worth it.
Unfortunately, the worst is yet to come. I'm sure that the previous owner will try to get them back from me.

Diggy415

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
See horsing around does some good sometimes, ok that was bad. lol

blazetown

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Unfortunately, the worst is yet to come. I'm sure that the previous owner will try to get them back from me.
That sounds like its starting to get ridiculous Katy. Is it a case of ownership now? I wouldn't see ur friend being able to legally get them back from you....Congrats on getting your baby back though.