Sad ending to a happy story

un33dit

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
So I've got to start off saying that I have read posts like this before and have never understand why people get so upset when one of their tarantulas die untill now. Here is a little background on my female T. blondi that just passed.

She was given to me by a friend who was getting out of the hobby. She was in bad shape..bleeding from some legs and in desperate need of a molt. She definatly didn't look like she was going to make it.

I put her in an ICU and hoped for the best, and sure enough she molted perfectly.

Just last week, she molted for the second time in my care.

She even drank two days after she molted.

I was pretty excited and proud to say the least, since I'm pretty new to this, and nursing a T back to heath...especially a blondi that people seem to have so many problems with. I even picked up a juvi male for a future breeding project just this week.

Yesterday I come home to find her in a partial death curl. I was totally shocked.I put her in an ICU and found her dead this morning.

I never thought I would get upset about a T dying, but after all I have been through with this girl, it is upsetting. Sorry for the rant...just had to get it out there to people who would understand.

-Gary

DansDragons

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
oh man, i'm so sorry to read this, gary. she was a beautiful blondi for sure, and you took great care of her in the time you had her.

Dave

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My guess is all the wounds she had probably caused internal infection or parasitic activity, which was still present even though the surface wounds were healed up. Looks like you kept her in perfect care, so to just die out of the blue makes me think of internal problems unforeseen.
Sorry for the loss.

moose35

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
man that sucks...i know how you feel.

but don't you feel kinda silly getting upset over a "bug" ...cause i know i do.

but its like a cat or dog to some of us.

moose

un33dit

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
man that sucks...i know how you feel.

but don't you feel kinda silly getting upset over a "bug" ...cause i know i do.

but its like a cat or dog to some of us.

moose
I hear you...I think I'm more upset that I failed not because I felt I had a connection with it.

-Gary

moose35

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
you get that whole..."what could i have done." or "what did i do wrong"

and you wanna kick yourself in the butt.

i hear ya

moose

un33dit

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks for all the kind words....I might put the male up for sale now. If anyone is interested, send me a PM.

-Gary

Snuggles

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Awwwww, I read this story on the ATS boards and I'm glad it's here too, because I wanted to offer my condolences.

That must have been so unexpected when you had been thinking everything was going well. Too bad, Gary. Great pics, though. A lovely tribute.

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I feel your pain. I had a p. subfusca sling die on me the other day.(They are my favorite species) It sucks to see them go for apparently no reason. :(

OldHag

ArachnoHag
Old Timer
I know EXACTLY how you feel!! I had the same thing happen to my big ole female blondi. :( Had her for years... then one day... sigh..

dantediss

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My very first tarantula was an o.b.t, It was gift and i raised it from a sling..It matured out to a male and started going downhill..After a year and 2 months of having him,I was forced to freeze him..It was too hard for me to watch him like that..Hes still in my freezer 8 months later..I wanna save him cus i still miss the lil bugger...so dont feel bad..Their pets and we care for them,No differant from any other pet

SlaytanicArachnid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
that sucks! my male blondi just matured but his legs got all deformed. hes only got one good leg so hes been pulling himself around:(
worst part is hes quite possibly the only MM blondi in Canada.