Rosie moving dirt around.

Reaganomics

Arachnopeon
My rosie had just put a clump of dirt on top of her artificial burrow, the clump was made by dirt and web (which was leftover from feeding mats) but I just wanted to know why it did that and if it's a problem or not.

Sky`Scorcher

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My rosie had just put a clump of dirt on top of her artificial burrow, the clump was made by dirt and web (which was leftover from feeding mats) but I just wanted to know why it did that and if it's a problem or not.
No its not a problem, its completely normal.

She's making herself feel more at home. Mine made a hill and she's on top of it.

blix

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Maybe the G. Rosea is scheming against you. A carefully planned escape plan. You open to investigate or remove it, and the spider runs for it - for freedom.

Or it could just be that the spider doesn't want leftovers in its den, and placed it on top.

I go for the first option. :)

kc7wdg

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
or the ever useful rule of thumb for rosies that the unusual is usual for them.

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
G. rosea is a good beginner species becasue it is bullet proof but bad becasue they are quirky and they do odd stuff that confuses the owner. Some move dirt, some do push ups , others with spread themselves out for no apparent reason and other will refuse to walk on the substrate you provide. No one knows why.

MrRogers

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I remember when my rosie built a hut out of web blocks against a peice of driftwood I had in the tank. It was very weird. Crafty little workers....:confused: