Room Temps

LucN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ok, I'm going to cut this short. I've done some digging in older threads about keeping Ts at lower temps, but haven't really found what I was looking for. I have 3 Brachypelma females (1 Sub-Adult, 2 Juveniles) which I'm in no hurry to have them reach their adult sizes. I have a central heating system and my room where my Ts are kept is always at 72F. Thus far, they eat constantly as expected (they are fed every two weeks) and seem to act normally (pet rocks) as far as I can see.

My question is can the lack of temperature variety have some negative effects on their growth and overall lifespan in the long run ?

Shrike

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
No. Assuming you take good care of them they'll live long healthy lives at 72F.

Thomas2015

Arachnopeon
Tarantulas can live well at a variety of different temperatures and do perfectly fine. I would just be reasonable: don't keep them too far below 70 or above 80. Keep in mind that high temperatures are much more likely to injure a tarantula than low temperatures.

MarkmD

Arachnoprince
Yeah they should be fine, i keep my T's between room temperature of 75f and 82f during the day and i let it fall at night , but T's can handle various temps.

LucN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Perfect ! That is what I was hoping to hear. Thanks everybody.

desertanimal

Arachnoknight
Mine get down to 68 where they sit by the radiator in winter and while they definitely slow down on growth and eating, they seem to do ok.

Anonymity82

Arachnoprince
Lower temps increase their lifespan if anything. Metabolize slower, Grow slower. Eat less. Live longer!