Roaches in Florida?

Kwadapok

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Are there any roaches that can be shipped to florida or am stuck with crickets as feeders?

Amanda

Arachnolord
Old Timer
You could probably raise some that are already natve to the state, but I think they're all evil little demons that can climb out of anything and/or fly... kind of a pain to contain in a house.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
You could probably raise some that are already natve to the state, but I think they're all evil little demons that can climb out of anything and/or fly... kind of a pain to contain in a house.
Yeah... "Palmetto Bugs" right? They can climb glass?

I bet they'd make great feeders if you could get a colony established and keep it contained.

Kwadapok

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yea after all my frivilous research I think I may be forced to catch them throughout the summer to try to get a colony established. Does anyone know of any stores in South AL that may sell roach feeders?:?

Amanda

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Yeah... "Palmetto Bugs" right? They can climb glass?

I bet they'd make great feeders if you could get a colony established and keep it contained.
They can definitely climb glass, plastic, walls, and even run across ceilings. Good luck if you try it. I don't know if vaseline around the top rim would help at all.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
They can definitely climb glass, plastic, walls, and even run across ceilings. Good luck if you try it. I don't know if vaseline around the top rim would help at all.

If they do manage to bust out though at least you haven't introduced a new invasive species. You've only released a whole buttload of an indigenous on into your ductwork... :eek:

Kwadapok

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
If they do manage to bust out though at least you haven't introduced a new invasive species. You've only released a whole buttload of an indigenous on into your ductwork... :eek:
LoL right.:}

Amanda

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Don't forget that palmetto bugs can fly as well. Fun times! Also look into German Cockroaches. They're native here too, and don't fly. They are about 1/3 the size of palmetto bugs though.