Roach id and care tips?

lychas

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Found this guy the other day on a gum leaf. I live in australia, South east Queensland to be exact. How would i house it?

pinkfoot

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Very attractive roach! :clap:

I have no idea of the ID, but until you learn more, pop it into a tupperware type bin, with air holes obviously, add some egg cartons so it can feel secure, and add a lot more of the same species if you can! {D

Feed grain, dried dog food, fish flakes, the odd slice of banana or carrot and a water or gel dish.

This is by no means a comprehensive set up, but it WILL work perfectly. ;)

Matt K

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
That looks like Ellipsidion australe, and they can be kept in the same setups as Pseudomops septentrionalis or Panchlora nivea. I have long wished to get some of those....:drool:

arachnocat

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
What a beautiful roach! Looks like Ellipsidion australe to me too. I know some people who are working on getting these in the US hobby soon, maybe later this year. Keepin my fingers crossed! :)

lychas

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Cheers, can anyone show me a pic of a suitable setup and tell me the best way to find more? I have seen some nymphs round so hopefully will see a few more.

pinkfoot

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Chances are this is not a flying roach judging by size, and the fact that flyers are in the minority, so go back to the exact spot you found this one, and begin searching. With luck you will find more. ;)