REX IS A FEMALE AGAIN!!! DROP EVERYTHING!!!

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
BOOYAH
This morning my first tarantula was out of "his" burrow so I trapped him under a cup and eviscerated his burrow digging out his exuvium. I looked at it and there's a spermathecae with little alien ear nubs!!! YEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!

Now I can call him Regina again! But I can't take a picture since my iPhone camera can't focus on anything closer than 6 inches.

Last edited by a moderator:

TRection

Arachnoknight
How does this happen in the first place? Do they change genders sometimes the way some fish and frogs do when they think there is a need for more males or females in the population?

Trenor

Arachnoprince
How does this happen in the first place? Do they change genders sometimes the way some fish and frogs do when they think there is a need for more males or females in the population?
No they don't change their sex. When they are small the sex parts are clear so it's hard to tell the sex. As they get older the sex parts get larger and darken and it's easier to tell the sex.

Last edited:

metallica

Arachnoking
Old Timer
what species is this? in some genera the male genopores can be mistaken for a spermathecae.