Reputable herp/amphibian sites or dealers

Enrgy

Arachnosquire
The title says it all. I'm trying to get into reptiles and am looking for bearded dragons/pacman frogs.(i know frogs are amphibians)

Last edited by a moderator:

Jurdon

Arachnoknight
Go to a local reptile expo and see what breeders are in your area. As far as online goes, stay far, far away from Underground Reptiles, Backwater Reptiles, and BHB Reptiles, to name a few.

Enrgy

Arachnosquire
Go to a local reptile expo and see what breeders are in your area. As far as online goes, stay far, far away from Underground Reptiles, Backwater Reptiles, and BHB Reptiles, to name a few.
bet. thanks :)

Pythonipus

Arachnopeon
Josh's Frogs has a pretty decent selection of pac man frogs, and all the things you could possibly need to take care of them. I would definitely go to an expo or trusty LPS for a beardie though. Beardies are a large investment, so I would want to hand pick the one I would be taking home.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
If I were you, I would go for the pacman frog. They are great beginner pets, good appetite, and very easily manageable. I would love to get another one, but it can be a little difficult to raise baby pacmans. Reptile expos are a 10/10 on prices for reptiles. Here are my reviews from me and my friends experience online.
Backwater Reptiles is the worst- 0/10 godly terrible, I might make a troll video on this
Underground reptiles- 6.5/10 I bought from them a couple times. But sometimes they ship animals in substrate. My problem is that they lie about having captive bred specimens, but in reality, it's actually wild caught specimens from imports.
LLL reptiles- 2/10 Terrible shipping, lots of delays and poor health animals from my friends experience and dead arrivals (terrible).
BHB Reptiles- ?/10 Can't say about it, as me or my friends never bought from here, so can't give actual review. But youtube butchers this site to the ground.
Bigappleherp- 0/10 They don't have stock like backwater reptiles. They order from 3rd parties or other dealers such as Undeground reptiles. And they overprice and lie about what they have.

Enrgy

Arachnosquire
Josh's Frogs has a pretty decent selection of pac man frogs, and all the things you could possibly need to take care of them. I would definitely go to an expo or trusty LPS for a beardie though. Beardies are a large investment, so I would want to hand pick the one I would be taking home.

If I were you, I would go for the pacman frog. They are great beginner pets, good appetite, and very easily manageable. I would love to get another one, but it can be a little difficult to raise baby pacmans. Reptile expos are a 10/10 on prices for reptiles. Here are my reviews from me and my friends experience online.
Backwater Reptiles is the worst- 0/10 godly terrible, I might make a troll video on this
Underground reptiles- 6.5/10 I bought from them a couple times. But sometimes they ship animals in substrate. My problem is that they lie about having captive bred specimens, but in reality, it's actually wild caught specimens from imports.
LLL reptiles- 2/10 Terrible shipping, lots of delays and poor health animals from my friends experience and dead arrivals (terrible).
BHB Reptiles- ?/10 Can't say about it, as me or my friends never bought from here, so can't give actual review. But youtube butchers this site to the ground.
Bigappleherp- 0/10 They don't have stock like backwater reptiles. They order from 3rd parties or other dealers such as Undeground reptiles. And they overprice and lie about what they have.
thanks guys. there's a expo coming to Georgia on the 12/13 of January and I've decided to go :)

Glorious Baboon

Arachnosquire
I would second josh’s frogs or a local pet store that specializes in reptiles they tend to be okay not the best but okay we have one that’s semi better then most shops but I’ve never really inspected the reptiles nor do I own any at this point I did have a beardie there fun but like stated it’s better to pick them out in person. You need to be careful with where you buy Pac-Man frogs I have a friend who got one from a local shop (marks ark) that had a parasitic worms i think there called horse hair worm but I’m not 100% sure of the exact parasite but it looked gross and really sad

Last edited:

Enrgy

Arachnosquire
I would second josh’s frogs or a local pet store that specializes in reptiles they tend to be okay not the best but okay we have one that’s semi better then most shops but I’ve never really inspected the reptiles nor do I own any at this point I did have a beardie there fun but like stated it’s better to pick them out in person. You need to be careful with where you buy Pac-Man frogs I have a friend who got one from a local shop (marks ark) that had a parasitic worms i think there called horse hair worm but I’m not 100% sure of the exact parasite but it looked gross and really sad
Bet thanks. that’s why I don’t wanna buy from pet stores but I’m going to an expo January so hopefully I’ll be leaving with sum gems lol

Glorious Baboon

Arachnosquire
Bet thanks. that’s why I don’t wanna buy from pet stores but I’m going to an expo January so hopefully I’ll be leaving with sum gems lol
Hope you get what your after i wanna do a dart frog enclosure the enclosures always look so cool to me plus the shock value of people who have no clue about them

Pythonipus

Arachnopeon
Hope you get what your after i wanna do a dart frog enclosure the enclosures always look so cool to me plus the shock value of people who have no clue about them
Do it. A planted dart frog terrarium looks great. I have a bio active 36x18x18 exo terra with 4 Highland Bronze Auratuses and 3 Mourning Geckos. Bringing in a bit of nature inside for a shut in like me. :bag:

The big chain ones are a big nope, but if you have a specialty store they tend to be better. The expo is still the best bet, and the pricing should be better than a store. Good luck, and happy hunting.

Enrgy

Arachnosquire
Yea I’ve seen one with a fog machine it looked real cool

Enrgy

Arachnosquire
Do it. A planted dart frog terrarium looks great. I have a bio active 36x18x18 exo terra with 4 Highland Bronze Auratuses and 3 Mourning Geckos. Bringing in a bit of nature inside for a shut in like me. :bag:

The big chain ones are a big nope, but if you have a specialty store they tend to be better. The expo is still the best bet, and the pricing should be better than a store. Good luck, and happy hunting.