Reptile bite/scratch and scars

hardlucktattoo

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Cause I don't have insurance and I'm too cheap to go to the emergency room I used to be a certified paramedic but I let my certification lapse so I know what I'm doing Its just a lot more difficult when you need to use a mirror Its hard to see but here is a pic of my handy work its only 11 stitches Its nothing crazy but still

crpy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Cause I don't have insurance and I'm too cheap to go to the emergency room I used to be a certified paramedic but I let my certification lapse so I know what I'm doing Its just a lot more difficult when you need to use a mirror Its hard to see but here is a pic of my handy work its only 11 stitches Its nothing crazy but still

Wow you are good dude lol, my bro does the same thing to the family members, hes a surgical tech in Houston.

halfwaynowhere

Arachnolord
Old Timer
my BP almost got me the other day. It was only a few days after her last feeding, and she was already hungry. I knew it was time to move her up in prey size. I went to take her out so I could see how big around she was so I could determine what to feed her next, and she struck at me. So then I decided it would be better if I just stuck something in the enclosure to lift her hide up, and just peek at her without handling. so i took a cold metal knitting needle, stuck it in there, and she bit it. I figured she wouldn't bother with metal. weird. she ate a weanling rat the next day.

oh, and my stupid kingsnake almost got me, too... I wasn't using tongs to feed her (I never do), and she just couldn't strike at the prey, she kept missing. One time she even almost bit herself because she missed. And she got close to me a few times. So I eventually grabbed the tongs, and she took it. Now I switched her to prekilled, because not only could she not strike at her prey, she had issues with wrapping and killing. Now I just toss in a dead mouse, and she takes it without me having to do zombie dances... makes me feel a lot safer, lol.

crpy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
my BP almost got me the other day. It was only a few days after her last feeding, and she was already hungry. I knew it was time to move her up in prey size. I went to take her out so I could see how big around she was so I could determine what to feed her next, and she struck at me. So then I decided it would be better if I just stuck something in the enclosure to lift her hide up, and just peek at her without handling. so i took a cold metal knitting needle, stuck it in there, and she bit it. I figured she wouldn't bother with metal. weird. she ate a weanling rat the next day.

oh, and my stupid kingsnake almost got me, too... I wasn't using tongs to feed her (I never do), and she just couldn't strike at the prey, she kept missing. One time she even almost bit herself because she missed. And she got close to me a few times. So I eventually grabbed the tongs, and she took it. Now I switched her to prekilled, because not only could she not strike at her prey, she had issues with wrapping and killing. Now I just toss in a dead mouse, and she takes it without me having to do zombie dances... makes me feel a lot safer, lol.
Good deal, I ALWAYS feed pre-killed, its just better for captive snakes. A girl just gave me a L. getulus thats 28 inches and shes been feeding it live pinkys:eek: It could well eat mice so I gave it a thawed mouse. First time fed dead, downed it immediately.