rehousing project

the new guy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i decided that carl, my a. avic, was in too large of an enclosure for his size and activity level. i found something that was much more suitable.

here was carls previous home. as you can see, his enclosure was the 10 gal. aquarium on the left.

Attachments

the new guy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
here is his new home. it is a large round kritter keeper. i think that it is much more appropriate.

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
That ten gall is prety god damn clean, Not a trace of a hammack web, is it mutred male? or was it just placed in there.. and its kinda wierd to see it on the ground..

the new guy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
no, not a matured male (not sure on the sex, but i know its not a mature male) and not just placed in there. ive had it for about 1.5 months. it has never spent a lot of time off of the ground. it has never built a web, other than when its eating, which has been pretty dissapointing. it doesnt eat much eather. its only eaten three crickets since ive got it. i couldnt tell you why i have one of the only ground dwelling a. avics. maybe he's afraid of height.

KingBollock

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Maybe the enclosure isn't tall enough for it to settle? I thought 24" was the recommended height for arboreal species.

Dark

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Good setup. I like how you arranged the tanks.

From
Eric

pencapchew

Arachnopeon
Well i have 2 A.avics both seem fine one webs alot and the other not at all i dont get it since they both have they same conditions. I like your setup it looks nice.

the new guy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
does anyone have any ideas why this avic isnt a webber? or maybe why the appetite isnt strong? im not really worried about the health at all, because its a pretty good size still. thanks for the compliments.

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I feel that moving it out of the 10 gallon was a good move. A ten gallon is tons of space and probably far more than an avic avic is ever going to need. As to why it isn't webbing some don't do it right away and even when they start some do it more than others. I have seen it range from a hammock that spanned a 5 gallon similar to a meazzanine in a warehouse to no webbing at all. As long as it appears healthy I wouldn't worry about it.

Phil

Frostbyte

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by the new guy
does anyone have any ideas why this avic isnt a webber?

I have an Avic about that size .. It hasnt webbed since the day I got it ( Ive had it almost a year ) . My Versi color has webbed everything , but Ive seen other avics in pet stores and such that dont web either .

Dafne

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Great set-up in the new tank! :)
I really like the way it looks now.

:D

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
those round critter keepers look nice
never seen them beeing sold here in Europe :(

do you think you could house a centipede in those ???