rehousing my female P.Irminia (video)

Projecht13

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I decided to make a new home for my female p.irminia, hope she enjoys it!Leave me some comments with what you think :)

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eSkour6GCSc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eSkour6GCSc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Ictinike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Great stuff! Can't wait for mine to grow as beautiful!

PrimalTaunt

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Lol, all that hype about her blowing out was all for nothing.

Just picked up a P. irminia sling this weekend and can't wait until mine starts to look like that.

Ariel

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
She's beautiful, and nice set up!

and I know about being hyped up for a firey transfer and getting nothing {D

I had to take my P. cambridgei out of his/her enclosure to change all of the substrate and clean it well since I was starting to have a real mold, problem and my ARACHNOPHOBIC friend (though she's getting much better, especially with my Ts) was helping, and I'm like "we'll have to be careful, this is the meanest tarantula I have!" Which is true, usually he/she is always throwing threats, snapping at whatever gets into his enclosure, but with a little nudging he walked right into the catch cup, and when I was done re-doing the enclosure, he walked right back in. LOL. I was a little dissapointed to be honest. {D {D

frtysxan2

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Beautiful T!

I have had so many of these "hard moves" and they go all to easy much like this one. I think I like the hard ones. I get so worked up for them and every single one except for my P. metallica go easy. I had to make a diving catch for him before he ran under a desk never to be seen again and that only went wrong because I was a little over confident and decided to have a photo shoot and the flash spooked him. HaHaHa! Good move though man!

jayefbe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I was hoping she was going to make a bolt for it. I like watching videos of other people having to deal with fast, defensive T's. It helps when I have to move mine.

Steve Calceatum

Arachnolord
Old Timer
She's a real looker!!!!!!

I was feeling your nervousness about the thing bolting, believe me. My P. irminia is extremely easy to get out of his enclosure, and into a cup. It's getting him out of the cup as he is turning loop-de-loops in there that's the pain in the butt, LOL!!!! He does not go easily....never has. Quite possibly the most stubborn T I have.

TalonAWD

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Great Setup. Really! Where did you get the decorations! Gorgeous tarantula. I had a chance to get one as a freebie and I opted to go with another choice. Seeing yours makes me wish I had not swayed from the option.

Jarvis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Very nice looking T, can't wait for mine to get a little bigger.
I wish mine was that easy to re-house, last time I had to he/she bolted up my hand and I thought it was going to tag me, I use a little more caution now. still a juvie but is very stuborn

Projecht13

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
thanks for all the comments!!!

she was actually much more of a pain to get into the cup initially lol should of filmed that!
Talon, I got all the decor from a lps here in cary NC they dont have much in the way of T's but lots of housing items.

Shes actaully due for a molt here in a few weeks so I will repost with some pics, these species are amazing looking after a fresh molt. :)

Ictinike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
T's are like that.. Defending their homes and all but once you get them out and into alien territory they tend to calm down, much like yours did.

Next time have to film the retrieval not the release ;)

Projecht13

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Im really happy with this setup, she has already started to web it up. Whole thing, climb log, moss, substrate and plastic container was less than $25! :D

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Nice video. She is beautiful. I need to get one.

Stopdroproll

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Great Setup. Really! Where did you get the decorations! Gorgeous tarantula. I had a chance to get one as a freebie and I opted to go with another choice. Seeing yours makes me wish I had not swayed from the option.
oo freebie. where?! :D