red rosea

wedge07

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Oh, I'm not going into physics, I'm going into biology too, not zoology though, i'm interested in the smaller stuff. :p
Darn, thought I had found someone who actually likes physics. I went to school to become an engineer and ended up with a degree in business and I am a mechanic (paid better). {D

zwd22

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Darn, thought I had found someone who actually likes physics. I went to school to become an engineer and ended up with a degree in business and I am a mechanic (paid better). {D
I never said I don't like physics, I might have considered it more seriously if it wasn't for the fact that I'm miserable at math...

But getting back to the OP, that is a good looking rosie, I can't believe how cheap rosies are... well i can since they get imported a lot. But RCF rosies are hard to breed(so i've been told), docile, and looks pretty awesome. The only downside I can see is that they grow sooooooo slowly...

wedge07

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I kind of like the math part. I really should go back to school and finish what I started. Though I could see myself getting to Bio a bit more.

zwd22 said:
The only downside I can see is that they grow sooooooo slowly...
They sure do. I have a G. rosea sling I got from dave grimm and it is from an 06 breeding project. A three year old sling.:whoa:
I'll be 40 by the time the darn thing is a juvy. It'll probably be in my will.

Last edited:

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I think there's a general consensus that all physics majors/lovers are quite nutty {D

DreadLobster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Ok so maybe its not scientific law. But the T looks and seems to be acting healthy (and has been for years)... that would lead me to assume that it probably IS healthy.

The calcium thing is an entirely different (and pointless, for now...) debate, and one that I won't even attempt to act knowledgeable about.

Fact is, yes, wood chips COULD hurt the T. And a mouse COULD hurt the T. Both for very obvious reasons.

Will they? There's much much more room for debate there. I think people a lot of times forget that in the wild, T's are fighting for their lives on a daily basis (unless they're hidden... which, lets face it, roseas are just bad at hiding). They face incredibly worse odds in nature than they do in captivity. And no matter what the debate is, whether its about feeding mice, substrates, handling, etc (all within reason of course), the truth is they are STILL probably under much less stress than they would be in the wild...

I get that its our job to take care of our pets. I don't keep mine on wood chips or feed live mice, for all the reasons that have been discussed for 5 or 6 pages... so I'm not looking to argue about that. Though I do keep my rosea on SAND... which is another supposedly "unsuitable" substrate that my T has managed to live on for almost 20 years.

Point being, its his pet. He bought it, and if something goes wrong, you can all say "I told you so" and take up another 5 or 6 pages. Till then, there's much more interesting stuff to talk about on this board.