Real Pet Rock

evicton

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
So my curley hair molted recently and I decided to rehouse it into a new enclosure. I haven't seen it in like a month and the enclosure I was moving it into wasn't as deep so there wasn't really room for it to burrow. So i was kinda excited thinking I'd be able to see it alot more. After rehousing it explored for a few minutes before going to its hide. I awoke this morning to see her reaction to the new enclosure.

Last edited:

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Well... it looks like she likes the hide anyway... How long has it been since she molted?

Sathane

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hmm... The only time I've seen a T hole up a hide like that was if it was going to molt, tending to a sac, or too much light in the T room.

Thoth

Arachnopharoah
Old Timer
Only time my brachys hole up like that was premolt.

evicton

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It molted a week ago, her fangs had gone black and she came out and grabbed a head pre-killed dubia a cpl days ago. Ate it and then left the bolous outside her burrow. She's in a closet with no light either. I got her about a month ago and I never seen her come out of her burrow once she dug it out. In her old enclosure she tunnel straight to the floor and kept the bottom clean so I'd check on her once a week with a flashlight.

Also wanted to mention she's not completly holed up there is a small opening to the left side she sits at with the right angle I can see her legs lol.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
If there's a door you can see into then I'd just call this normal behavior. Baby albo's really like to dig. A lot.

Dr.Frankenstein

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
my curly molted and did the same thing 5 days later....hahahah
haven't saw it in 2 weeks now.

evicton

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah I wasn't concerned I just thought it was funny I was expecting to see it more often and it pretty much had completly different plans. Now i can't even look under the enclosure and see her lol. It took the whole pet rock thing to the extreme.