Re-housing after a molt.

Kat Graves

Arachnopeon
I believe it is very rare for the exos to mold, so that wouldn't be a concern for me. Enclosure is a bit on the small side, so a rehousing is probably a good idea. However, I definitely wouldn't rush it. This is just my preference, but I usually wait for the spider to harden and take a good feed. This gives them the nutritional resources to work on a new retreat after the rehousing. Also minimizes your personal stress over potential dehydration while they settle in to the new enclosure.
It has been 10 days since molt and he has eaten twice.

---------- Post added 05-11-2014 at 07:37 PM ----------

Thanks for all the feedback everyone. I will re-house.

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
If I can't get to the molts easily, I leave them. On occasion, when I have rehoused or broken down a burrower's enclosure to ship the inhabitant, I have encountered multiple exuvia. When my female OBT did 'spring cleaning' before her recent molt, she pitched out pieces and parts of at least 3 exuvia. Except for an isolated rehouse due to mold in a damp tank, I only spot clean my enclosures. When I rehouse a sling or juvenile, I generally go big so there is decreased frequency of upsetting the spider's apple cart. I also transfer some of the substrate and webbing if possible so they have a 'home base' in the new enclosure. I try to get them in adult sized enclosures as soon as possible.