User ratluvr76 picture thread

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
This is the picture of after my new spiders arrived yesterday, everyone's resting comfortably. Only one not pictured here is the B. albo.

View attachment 137514

Here's a little collage of some shots of Stan the Lasiodora difficilis after his maturing molt. He's so handsome. Check out the classifieds section, he's for sale. ;)

View attachment 137515

One of the little bitty ones. Gosh they're so CUTE!!

View attachment 137516

And finally, already one of my favorites of the ten I got yesterday, one of my itty bitty P. irminia.

View attachment 137518
any updates rattie? curious to see how you love the pslams and how theyv settled in :p

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
any updates rattie? curious to see how you love the pslams and how theyv settled in :p
Well, the irminias are little tiny mealworm eating beasts. As long as they think they are hiding lol. The one cambridgei settled right in on a leaf and is happily webbing everything up which is awesome, I don't even worry about cracking the lid for feedings etc anymore. I'm still careful of course, but it just sits in his little tube web, happy as a clam. Secure in the knowledge he's invisible haha. The other one laps the cup like he's that turbo snail from the movie turbo. That one makes good the escape every time I feed him lol. I'm getting pretty good at spider wrangling.

I am absolutely in love with the irminias. I already knew I would, but those little bumble bee buts are awesome.

The albo is in pre molt, as is one of the ockerti. Who I also love. They are as fierce with prey take downs as the GBBs are. I love their silver coloring, very striking imo. I'll never love any t more than my GBBs but the irminias and the ockertis are tied for second place lol.

A year from now is when I'm thinking I'll be ready for some Poec species. Probably regalis and hopefully some P. mets. I'll be able to use my set ups the psalmos are in to house them since the psalmos will be in their adult homes by then.

Last edited:

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Well, the irminias are little tiny mealworm eating beasts. As long as they think they are hiding lol. The one cambridgei settled right in on a leaf and is happily webbing everything up which is awesome, I don't even worry about cracking the lid for feelings etc anymore. I'm still careful of course, but it just sits in his little tube web, happy as a clam. Secure in the knowledge he's invisible haha. The other one laps the cup like he's that turbo snail from the movie turbo. That one makes good the escape every time I feed him lol. I'm getting pretty good at spider wrangling.

I am absolutely in love with the irminias. I already knew I would, but those little bumble bee buts are awesome.

The albo is in pre molt, as is one of the ockerti. Who I also love. They are as fierce with prey take downs as the GBBs are. I love their silver coloring, very striking imo. I'll never love any t more than my GBBs but the irminias and the ockertis are tied for second place lol.

A year from now is when I'm thinking I'll be ready for some Poec species. Probably regalis and hopefully some P. mets. I'll be able to use my set ups the psalmos are in to house them since the psalmos will be in their adult homes by then.
Lol jelly my reduncus settled in and the irminia wont let me have his vial xD but hes fine.. Pulchra is also turbo (just watched that again yesterday lol) pcamb from that shipment.. Hasnt even webbed much xc i got the broken ones! XD

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
Lol jelly my reduncus settled in and the irminia wont let me have his vial xD but hes fine.. Pulchra is also turbo (just watched that again yesterday lol) pcamb from that shipment.. Hasnt even webbed much xc i got the broken ones! XD
that's what the one cambridgei is like. that one hasn't hardly webbed anything at all. just a few random strands here and there. I think he has forgotten he's a spider and has spinnerets. LOL

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
that's what the one cambridgei is like. that one hasn't hardly webbed anything at all. just a few random strands here and there. I think he has forgotten he's a spider and has spinnerets. LOL
yea i have like all but reduncus are like that right now XD

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
soooo been a while since I've been able to update any pictures of my little 8 legged family. I picked up a beautiful little G. pulchripes a few days ago so I decided to take a couple of pictures of it, and a couple of others. :)

So it begins, Here's my latest aquisition. I haven't measured "her" but I'm guessing her to be at roughly 2.5 - 3 inches DLS. Isn't she pretty?
G pulchripes pic 1 08-12-2016.jpg

Here's another shot of her on the lid of her enclosure, better contrast? maybe....
G pulchripes pic 2 08-12-2016.jpg

just for comparison, here is a pic of one of my LP's a day or so after it arrived in the mail in April 2015....
Lasiadora parahybana pic 1 04-03-2015.jpg

and here is, I think, the same spider today.....
Lasiadora parahybana pic 1 08-12-2016.jpg
Quite a bit of growth. I expect it, and the two sac mates I have to be quite a big bigger, probably mature by this time next year.

and now for the O.B.T. It's not as terrifying as I'd thought it would be when I got it as a surprise freebie with an order last year, but it IS beautiful....
OBT pic 1 08-12-2016.jpg OBT pic 2 08-12-2016.jpg

you see that? it wants kisses!!! or to eradicate me... one or the other.. ;)
I can't get a dorsal view of her because she's, well, she's very witchy most of the time....

And finally, just because I can....
Kajun-ma hubby.jpg

The hubby. He's playing world of tanks on his laptop lol. Behind him is about 80% of my collection.

That's it for now. I'll try to update with more pics more often. thx for stopping by.

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
I was feeding my spiders last night and managed to get some pretty good shots of a few of the ones that were out and about. Including some much better shots of the OBT I showed you in my last post. I'm thinking it's a female based on it's body structure and legs, I'm not about to start trying to turn in over to try to sex it and it tends to shred/incorporate into burrow its molts lol. So for now, I'll just have to keep wondering hah!

I'll start with one of my GBB's. I have two, one is definitely male, since he matured and has hooks, happily spinning sperm webs every couple of days lol. This one, I got at the same time, is slightly smaller in DLS than the male is but is noticeably heavier bodied, I'm hoping this one matures out as female, we shall see. :) This one is also much more reclusive than the male, and that's since I got them as 3/4-1 inch slings. The male has always been out and about, this one has ALWAYS been much more reclusive.
Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens pic1-08-25-2016.jpg

I got this Nhandu with another one on the same day. I bought the two of them, along with another couple of different species, from a local friend of mine. They have nearly doubled in size since then. This is 2 pics of the same spider though, the other one is nearing a molt and doesn't want to be bothered. ;) This one molted last week.
nhandu chromatus pic1-08-25-2016.jpg nhandu chromatus pic2-08-25-2016.jpg

This is the OBT I got sent as a surprise freebie when I made a large order a while back. I'd have to look up my records for exact dates but I think it was about a year ago. When it came in the mail it was packaged in a straw! My how "she" has grown. I rarely see it out of it's burrow so it was a real treat to be able to get a good look at it. Notice my distraction technique? Toss in the roaches and while it's busy eating I snapped a couple photos. The idea? Perhaps if it's eating a roaches face it won't try to eat mine haha!! It worked this time......

pterinochilus murinus pic1-08-25-2016.jpg pterinochilus murinus pic2-08-25-2016.jpg

This is frick. I got the two of these ockerti's, dubbed "frick and frack" from @pyro fiend a while back. These babies grow soooooo slow!! lol. Love the little strawberry bum, I wish I knew how to get better focus on it, I'd have liked to have been able to show a bit more detail, but meh, here it is. :) Hopefully as it grows it won't be so shy in the future.
thrixopelma ockerti 08-25-2016.jpg

And finally, the newest member of the family. Tick. His name is tick because he sticks to my husband like a tick, almost literally o_O
Isn't he precious?
tick 08-25-2016.jpg

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
Hello my friends! I have missed all of you SO much! I had to get rid of the entire collection pictured above - including the husband lol.

Well, I am back, wootwoot!!
Along with some pics of my newest babies. I started with 4 but I think one was just too small and I left him in his vial too long :mad:

So without further ado, here are 2 of the surviving members of my new 8 legged fam: Psalmopoeus irminia - sling Oct-2022.jpg Tliltocatl kahlenbergi - sling Oct 2022.jpg both new mealworm colonies - stacked.jpg 20221030_181007.jpg

Psalmopoeus irminia - sling Oct-2022.jpg This is my little bumble bee butt irminia. Love it already, as you know, this is one of my favorite species. this one is TINY. about .25 inches I think? maybe .50

Tliltocatl kahlenbergi - sling Oct 2022.jpg Here is the kahlenbergi. He is a little bigger at about .75 to 1 inch DLS. Surprisingly enough, he has not chosen to eat his worms yet. (don't worry, I pinched their heads so they can't burrow. If he doesn't take them by this time tomorrow, I will remove them and try again in a few days.

20221030_181007.jpg And of course, if any of you remember me, you know I also like to grow my own feeders.
The sad part is here in Canada, I can't have dubia and I HATE crickets. I am hoping that the rumors are true and discoids are in the process of being legalized for the pet trade in Canada. Wish me luck!!

I was able to pick up little cups of 100 mealworms for a little bit of nothing. Went to the grocery store and found several different dried legumes and grain flours to grind/mix together for the bedding and of course fresh veggies and fruit are perfect for their moisture needs. There are 200 mealworms in this bin.

both new mealworm colonies - stacked.jpg And just for fun, both of my colonies of 200 mealworms each stacked neatly in the cabinet.

I would have included the other T but because it is in seriously heavy pre-molt, I didn't want to disturb it too much.
Thanks for looking guys! and again, so so SOOOOOO glad to be back