Rare/uncommon species

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
My two rarest species are the two Pamphobeteus sp. "Duran" and Xenesthis immanis spiderlings I have.

IMG_8737.JPG Pamphobeteus sp. "Duran"

tumblr_nhlbp2au6q1tiveumo2_1280.jpg Xenesthis immanis

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
Typical Pampho...stuffing its face:) Sweet t...same for the Xensthis!!
Thanks! That's the only time I can get them to really stand still- when they're eating! I was surprised my X. immanis slings aren't as skittish. They tend to sit still when I pick up their enclosures but the Pamphos start running around immediately. Could change though. Perhaps they're hoping by not moving they won't be noticed.

cold blood

Staff member
The X. immanis looks heavy pre-molt, things may change.

Funny thing about the pampho is that despite being skittish, as soon as prey hits the turf, they forget they are spooked and instantly tackle their prey.

I love that every time they molt, its like a new t. My nigricolor just went from 3.75", still orange (although dulled) with the "tree", to 4.75" with beautiful adult colors....looks very X. immannis(ish). Molted on new years, can't wait to start feeding her again!!

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Thanks! That's the only time I can get them to really stand still- when they're eating! I was surprised my X. immanis slings aren't as skittish. They tend to sit still when I pick up their enclosures but the Pamphos start running around immediately. Could change though. Perhaps they're hoping by not moving they won't be noticed.
"im not moving you cant see me! you only see movement, so you cant see me! i am a rock!" lol

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
The X. immanis looks heavy pre-molt, things may change.

Funny thing about the pampho is that despite being skittish, as soon as prey hits the turf, they forget they are spooked and instantly tackle their prey.

I love that every time they molt, its like a new t. My nigricolor just went from 3.75", still orange (although dulled) with the "tree", to 4.75" with beautiful adult colors....looks very X. immannis(ish). Molted on new years, can't wait to start feeding her again!!
Yes, my X. immanis is super pre-molt. Been black in the back for about two days now. Maybe two and a half to three, I don't bother any of my Ts very much. Just a daily check to see how they're fairing. My other X. immanis is bloated and very shiny, so might not be far behind. Still, despite that, neither of them really run. But when they get larger they might get more bold. Either way I'm ready for it.

It's true! I was absolutely -floored- at the size difference in my pampho! Doesn't look anything like it's twin! Also with it's added size, I can see that orange fading up the legs. Ugh, so stunning. (who has now gone into pre-molt too)

---------- Post added 01-05-2015 at 10:52 PM ----------

"im not moving you cant see me! you only see movement, so you cant see me! i am a rock!" lol
Haha, exactly. And the pamphos are like "EVEN THE ROCKS AREN'T SAFE, YOU IDIOTS." But it's cool. It'd be kind of boring if every T had the same reaction.

Mindibun

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
For a while my rarest were my E olivacea, which I think are still fairly rare. Honestly, I think that's more due to the fact that they are baboons and we baboon people are few and far between. Take care of them like a GBB and they flourish - it's not hard. I recently acquired an X immanis - something I've wanted since way back in the beginning of my spider keeping. She's probably my least common tarantula now. Maybe. Maybe they're tied. I don't care - here's a picture of her from the day I got her. I don't keep her that dry and I'm going to be setting up her final enclosure tomorrow. Planning on doing something T blondi - esque to keep humidity up without so much work on my part. ... I hate work.

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
For a while my rarest were my E olivacea, which I think are still fairly rare. Honestly, I think that's more due to the fact that they are baboons and we baboon people are few and far between. Take care of them like a GBB and they flourish - it's not hard. I recently acquired an X immanis - something I've wanted since way back in the beginning of my spider keeping. She's probably my least common tarantula now. Maybe. Maybe they're tied. I don't care - here's a picture of her from the day I got her. I don't keep her that dry and I'm going to be setting up her final enclosure tomorrow. Planning on doing something T blondi - esque to keep humidity up without so much work on my part. ... I hate work.

Nice! What a pretty girl you have there. I've got two X. immanis slings that have yet to show adult color. One recently molted and is showing those red hairs on the bum, but no pink on the carapace just yet.

I keep them exactly how I keep my pamphos.

tarantulateaparty

Arachnopeon
I’d like to see an updated list from people. Over the years past, have you collected more uncommon species?

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
I’ll play. My collection had certainly evolved over time but my most uncommon are truely nothing more than uncommon at this point. That would be my P metallica sling and my adult B auratum pair. Neither are hard to find at this point but I love em’.