Random, Non- Urgent T questions

KrystalG

Arachnosquire
MOLD!!!
I've had a reoccurring mold problem in my A. avic enclosure. It isnt all over, only one ONE stupid piece of dried grape vine. Of course, this is her favorite piece of furniture. I've and gotten rid of the mold BUT IT ALWAYS COMES BACK ON THIS SINGLE PIECE. Should I jus remove it? Any tips on mold, or on other pieces of furniture that will not mold as much? i have both cork and grape vine in there and only one of the vine pieces molds.

volcanopele

Arachnosquire
Can you imagine a cricket living after being impaled with 1/2" fangs?
I have. Not for very long, but I have seen the same "bite then set aside" behavior from a few of my Ts and in one case, the cricket survived for another day.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
MOLD!!!
I've had a reoccurring mold problem in my A. avic enclosure. It isnt all over, only one ONE stupid piece of dried grape vine. Of course, this is her favorite piece of furniture. I've and gotten rid of the mold BUT IT ALWAYS COMES BACK ON THIS SINGLE PIECE. Should I jus remove it? Any tips on mold, or on other pieces of furniture that will not mold as much? i have both cork and grape vine in there and only one of the vine pieces molds.
Leave it if it's just a small spot. If it spreads to a large area, rehouse.

Avoid that grape wood in the future. Imagine how it molds in a humid cage

boina

Lady of the mites
Mold is only a problem if it takes over the enclosure. A small spot is nothing to worry about.

Lil Paws

Arachnosquire
I started a similar thread. My Avic has lately been in the habit of killing a cricket, dropping it, walking away and waiting for me to drop in a second. Then she kills the second cricket, scoops up the first one, and eats both together. Maybe she was fed that way before I got her...or she trained me.