quick question

acrudy

Arachnopeon
quick question,
I glued a piece of bark to the lid of a large clear hobby cube to keep my avic metallica in although i used rubber cement and it has an odor and i was wondering if i put the lid on if this odor will effect the sling??

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Definitely allow the enclosure to cure and air out for quite some time before putting the T in, because yes, the fumes can harm them :)

Steve Calceatum

Arachnolord
Old Timer
quick question,
I glued a piece of bark to the lid of a large clear hobby cube to keep my avic metallica in although i used rubber cement and it has an odor and i was wondering if i put the lid on if this odor will effect the sling??
Hmmm......Let me ask you this: What hapens when you huff glue???? {D
(Not that I have any personal experience :rolleyes:.....but there are better ways to kill brain cells, IME. :p )

All joking aside, fumes are toxic. Let it cure up until there is NO odor at all. If there is still an odor after a couple of days, then you might want to think about switching to hot-glue, or aquarium silicone.

Xian

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
quick question,
I would not use rubber cement.
xsyorra is correct with the aquarium silicone or hot glue.
Be sure to use something non-toxic.:)

Scolaratari

Arachnopeon
I think that once its cured it should be fine because once it cures it solidifies and therefore (logically) should be safe BUT my gut still tell that a glue gun and some glue sticks should be the safer bet.

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
quick question,
i don't think rubber cement will have the strength that hot glue or silicone will have, and i wouldn't use it personally. Much safer to use hot glue.:D

twees

Arachnopeon
definitely wait...dont wanna hurt the baby. i would do like the others say and use something with no odor. hot glue works a treat!