Questions

The Doc

Arachnopeon
I’ve had an emp for over a month. I got advice recently. I was just wondering, how can I tell if they are fattened or need to eat. Obviously I can try to feed but I heard there’s a way to look at them and see if they are fattened or not

scolopendra277

Arachnoknight
just feed once a week, to see if it's getting fatter the plates on the abdomen should spread out and you should be able to see the membrane. are you sure it's an emperor? Asian forests are usually sold as emperors.

Dr SkyTower

Arachnolord
You can tell they're hungry when they sit at the entrance to their burrow/hide with their claws sticking out. They're ambush/sit and wait predators, so they're not going to go running around catching their prey.

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
I’ve had an emp for over a month. I got advice recently. I was just wondering, how can I tell if they are fattened or need to eat. Obviously I can try to feed but I heard there’s a way to look at them and see if they are fattened or not
Juveniles and subadults will gorge themselves basically feed under same twice a week or once a week regimen them until they refuse to eat. They will fatten themselves up before molts. Adults just feed once a week but know this they can go off food for months. Nothing to worry about.

The Doc

Arachnopeon
just feed once a week, to see if it's getting fatter the plates on the abdomen should spread out and you should be able to see the membrane. are you sure it's an emperor? Asian forests are usually sold as emperors.
Definetely an emp. He has the bumpy claws and the whities stinger

The Doc

Arachnopeon
You can tell they're hungry when they sit at the entrance to their burrow/hide with their claws sticking out. They're ambush/sit and wait predators, so they're not going to go running around catching their prey.
Sometimes he sits like that and I try and feed and he backs up from it and hides or sometimes grabs ur and throws it and hides

The Doc

Arachnopeon
Juveniles and subadults will gorge themselves basically feed under same twice a week or once a week regimen them until they refuse to eat. They will fatten themselves up before molts. Adults just feed once a week but know this they can go off food for months. Nothing to worry about.
He is a juvinile. He’s only need fed a handful of times since late December and has refused to eat for over 2 week now

The Doc

Arachnopeon

Attachments