Questions/suggestions about feeders

Anonymity82

Arachnoprince
Well, I was able to find a LPS that has Dubai roaches and it's only 5 minutes away. I'm excited to start using them. They only charged around 10 cents a piece too regardless of size.

So, I don't plan on breeding them, after all I only have two spiders right now. So I have 8 roaches in a short deli container with a few crickets that I didn't want to throw out into the cold. On one side I have crushed dog food and whole oat pieces. On the other side I have a rolled up paper towel. In the middle I have a piece of egg crate. I added some sliced carrots that I will change every couple of days too. I have a feeling that I will be caring for these roaches for awhile since I can't just buy 2 or 3 at a time and my obt is only an inch and the other is a G. rosea who may stop eating any day for months-years. That's okay though, they are pretty cool little creatures. I'm trying not to become attached because... well you know.

So does this sound like these living conditions will keep them alive until I need them?

One of the roaches had something on one of its legs. It looked like a build up of something. Like a cauliflower floret. It broke off easily and then some liquid came out of the remainder of the leg and it had a horrible smell. Unfortunately, this one got tossed outside into the cold. Does anyone have any idea what this is? Is this a disease? Should I not use these roaches? Thanks!

---------- Post added 01-13-2012 at 03:02 PM ----------

Rolled up damp paper towel*