Questions for the Pixe Frog people

jimmyx36

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I know there are a few of you on here.

I have a quickly growing pixie frog. Its maybe an inch under the size of a tennis ball. Recently, it has waken me up at night with two very loud deep croaks. Does this mean its a male? Do females croak? I'm very excited hoping this will become a monstrous male one day.

ragnew

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It's a boy! Prepare to have your very own Jabba The Hutt!

jimmyx36

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Here HE is, about a month ago. He's grown a lot since then. Ignore the specks of dirt he kicked on my face, lol. (not a bindi)

arachnocat

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Cute! Looks like a girl to me too. Females will croak if they get disturbed or startled. Sometimes mine croaks when I have my hand in her tank. Also if I walk up to her tank too quickly she'll let out a really big croak.
But if your froggy is croaking on it's own when it's alone and for a period of time (more than just a croak or two) then it's probably male.

eelnoob

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Very girly

You sure it was just not it's feet rubbing against the bottom of it's enclosure?

jimmyx36

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
There's a chance it could have been doing that. If it were croaking, it wasn't being disturbed so it was doing it by itself.

ragnew

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Does look like a girl... :? Was the frog rubbing against the bottom of her cage when you heard the croak sound? My males croak sounds like a very low, deep fart for lack of a better description.