Questions about Ts

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
I use plastic plants in most of my cages and have never boiled them, or even heard of anyone doing that. The issues are with silk pants, that have dyes, and some may have fragrances. Those should be soaked/boiled.
Oh well...my bad. I boiled mine. The new artificial vine smell is gone.
The plants all were for fish tanks. They seem to be spiffy clean now.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Oh well...my bad. I boiled mine. The new artificial vine smell is gone.
The plants all were for fish tanks. They seem to be spiffy clean now.

It's not a problem, just unnecessary, as is baking substrate.

Dennis Cada

Arachnopeon
I'm thinking that boiling plastic flowers three times would shrivel them into just globs of plastic. The seller of the vittata did say that he boiled the two sticks.
I intend to do pictures this weekend.

Dennis Cada

Arachnopeon
Can one of you fine people tell me what T this is? I bought him/her rather quickly and the ad was taken off of Kijiji before I had the chance to record the info. I do remember that it is a New World T, and I should recognize the name once I see it again. Mystery NW T 1.JPG

Dennis Cada

Arachnopeon
My town does not allow anyone to have "exotic pets" and includes a long list. About the closest it gets to these is "venomous or poisonous insects". Of course, these are not insects! I'm sure most places ban them, but they are still around.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Can one of you fine people tell me what T this is? I bought him/her rather quickly and the ad was taken off of Kijiji before I had the chance to record the info. I do remember that it is a New World T, and I should recognize the name once I see it again. View attachment 214818
Wow, man... that's one of the rarest Theraphosidae ever! I can't figure out now exactly if is a Coremiocnemis hoggi or Psednocnemis brachyramosa but definitely a very rare one!

:troll:

Dennis Cada

Arachnopeon
Wow, man... that's one of the rarest Theraphosidae ever! I can't figure out now exactly if is a Coremiocnemis hoggi or Psednocnemis brachyramosa but definitely a very rare one!

:troll:
Oh?? I only paid $40-$60 for it. None of those names sound familiar. The seller might have been using the common name.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
My town does not allow anyone to have "exotic pets" and includes a long list. About the closest it gets to these is "venomous or poisonous insects". Of course, these are not insects! I'm sure most places ban them, but they are still around.
Bah, my opinion is, say nothing and keep your inverts. After all, it's academic, and useless, to waste time debating such issues. Uneducated, powerful ignorants create stupid bans. Reality.

"You"? What someone could do in those scenario/s aside for follow those laws, and give up... or give a damn and continue? Facts.

I choosed, back then, the second option of course. The time when the first Italian Mafioso's, freemasonry connected, foreigners superpowers little 'waiter' with too much power in his filthy corrupted hands will decide which animals I can keep is far to come.

Last edited:

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Oh?? I only paid $40-$60 for it. None of those names sound familiar. The seller might have been using the common name.
I was joking, man. Watch the 'Troll' Smilies under :)

You have the classic, NW, beginner and lovely, Theraphosidae.

cold blood

Staff member
Yeah chris was playin' with you. Common rose hair. Looks like G. porteri. Usually run $25-40.

Where is the KW area?

Dennis Cada

Arachnopeon
Here are two more pictures of this same T. Can you tell me the actual name, both common and scientific, and where she is from? Also how would I know if she is indeed a she? Mystery NW T 3.jpg Mystery NW T 4.jpg

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Here are two more pictures of this same T. Can you tell me the actual name, both common and scientific, and where she is from? Also how would I know if she is indeed a she? View attachment 215265 View attachment 215266
G. porteri, "Rose Hair Tarantula" (note that G. rosea shares the same common name, hence why common names are garbage).

At that size with that coloration, I'd guess female. However, you'd get a much more valuable guess if you take a ventral photo - that is, a picture of the underside of the tarantula. Blurry photos are useless, mind you :D Although you seem to have a great camera, so I'm not too worried.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
The camera is a 12 MP Canon DSLR, two things which are lacking is my ability to use it properly, and my ability to pose my rose hair to do pictures of her underside :).
Do you mean https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chilean_rose_tarantula?
Put her in a clear container and take a picture from underneath. Or even put her on a glass table.

Yeah, like I said, common names are garbage. You'll find no user worth their salt uses them.